Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2014, 06:33 PM

54 posts, read 203,824 times

Advertisements

Correction, meant *Mortgage company in title.

Hello guys, i worked with a mortage company to purchase my home back in 2009. Roughly 2 years later they contacted us with regards to a refi, we attempted to do it but failed to go through with it.

Well fast forward to today, bank of america issued $330 dollars in "Overdue payments fees and charges" to our mortgage bill. I called asking whats they were and turns out we have had those charges pending on our account for years just never was billed, but issued on our statement. (We just paid the home payment)

What happened was the mortage company called bank of america's automated line and requested a "Payoff demand statement". When you do this you are stating you are the owner of the account and have to input social security info/etc. Then they also state its $30 dollars to request this information. Turns out from 9/10/10-1/9-2012 they requested this information 11 times. A couple of times it was twice in 2 days.

I was able to get B of A to forgive these charges after a dispute but i feel like i should do something about this concerning the mortage company. They posed as me also acknowledging the $30 dollar charge a total of 11 times without my consent or making me aware.

Am i right to want to pursue the mortgage company to some extend even though bank of america forgave the charges? I cant afford legal battles but feel like i should at least demand the balance they racked up being they knowingly knew it id be charged?

ALso for those wondering why i didnt see the charges over the past 4 years, bank of america noted statement wise the balance accumulating from the 30 dollar charges YET never applied it to the balance due. Being it was on bottom of the statement and we had electronic statements, we never noticed. So my wife and I would just pay our monthly bill without knowing being it was the same amount every month.

Thanks for input!

Last edited by Hosic; 06-18-2014 at 07:11 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2014, 06:48 PM

3,805 posts, read 9,302,828 times
Who is "the lending company?"

And - you want to "go after" Bank of America over $330 that you never paid, and which they erased?

What a waste of time.

Old 06-18-2014, 07:04 PM

54 posts, read 203,824 times
No, no you are misunderstanding me. I want to seek out to the mortgage company.

Im happy bank of america forgave the debt. Just feel almost like my identity was stolen.

Yes its my fault i didnt pay it, however i never once received any kind of notice of the inquiry and the charge was never charged on my monthly bill, was just noted on statement and if we have auto pay with electronic statements, with the bill being the same monthly we never caught it. Im not mad at B of A, though i feel their process could have been different.

Old 06-19-2014, 06:19 AM

8,670 posts, read 22,856,196 times
What specific damages did you suffer? That question, with that answer will determine the course of action you take.

Irritating? Yes. But you experienced no lasting harm, so in this world of foreclosures occurring without proper process, your resolved complaint will go to the bottom of the pile.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages