Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2015, 02:35 PM

20 posts, read 31,002 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Thanks, I just logged in to my Citicard account and there it was!
The Citicard score is a Fico08 Enhanced Bankcard Score. The top score is 900 vs 850 for more common FICO scores.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2015, 10:05 AM

2,401 posts, read 3,255,451 times
MyFICO is now providing mortgage FICO scores on their credit reports.

Old 02-20-2015, 06:01 AM

8,673 posts, read 22,905,462 times
Unless you have to see your report for yourself or if you know you have a lot to clean up, there's no need to see the full report. Call any mortgage loan officer - almost all will pull the report for no charge. Note: you may want to stick with a bank or credit union - only because because some brokers pay for the report out of their own pocket for your report - think of each broker as a one man business. Seriously, this is something we do all day long. You don't even have to ask for a full prequal, but "I have been considering purchasing/refinancing and would like to know if my credit is strong enough.". And when they come back and stay it's fabulous, just say now you need to convince the significant other (always deflect the decision making, lol. Some of my counterparts are relentless).

Old 02-26-2015, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartMoney View Post
Unless you have to see your report for yourself or if you know you have a lot to clean up, there's no need to see the full report. Call any mortgage loan officer - almost all will pull the report for no charge. Note: you may want to stick with a bank or credit union - only because because some brokers pay for the report out of their own pocket for your report - think of each broker as a one man business. Seriously, this is something we do all day long. You don't even have to ask for a full prequal, but "I have been considering purchasing/refinancing and would like to know if my credit is strong enough.". And when they come back and stay it's fabulous, just say now you need to convince the significant other (always deflect the decision making, lol. Some of my counterparts are relentless).
Credit reports unfortunately contain reporting errors quite commonly. A friend of mine checked her credit report recently and found a different person's name on it.

Old 02-27-2015, 08:47 PM

8,673 posts, read 22,905,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmFest View Post
Credit reports unfortunately contain reporting errors quite commonly. A friend of mine checked her credit report recently and found a different person's name on it.
What most people do not realize is credit report is garbage in, garbage stays. Meaning....when you went to open your BestBuy a clerk entered your birthday wrong, or, when you bought a car - Instead of putting the correct name of Donald, the rep typed in Michael, looking at the wrong application. Most credit reports will go thru fine, as long as most of the other data is correct. It had nothing to do with what the borrower did and almost always a mistake is made by the credit vender, or their so through representative.

That name your friend is reading on her report is is not being reported by the bureaus, it's a name that was entered into her report by someone pulling it and the bureaus spit it out as a means to detect fraud. So through no fault of you friend and no fault of the bureaus, your friend will have to explain she knows nothing about it, and quite likely, have to further prove her identity.

Old 03-03-2015, 04:17 AM

35,669 posts, read 21,030,020 times
and when you want to deal with credit it is outsourced! hahaha so much for security

Old 03-06-2015, 05:43 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,594,686 times
I paid about $9 with Experian and $15 with Equifax. I got my credit score with Transunion via my CapitalOne cc. You guys are talking about $40 for credit scores. I thought contacting the credit agency directly was the best way to acquire your credit score. Did I go the correct route?

Old 03-06-2015, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
I paid about $9 with Experian and $15 with Equifax. I got my credit score with Transunion via my CapitalOne cc. You guys are talking about $40 for credit scores. I thought contacting the credit agency directly was the best way to acquire your credit score. Did I go the correct route?
They are probably not FICO scores. The proper way is to purchase reports from Get your FICO® Score, Credit Reports, Identity Theft Detection & Lost Wallet Protection

This code may take 20% off each single report from Myfico: S1403STL20FST
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages