Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2015, 07:26 AM

94 posts, read 84,697 times

Advertisements

Update.

After lender completed the items he gave me earlier (see in previous post), I asked if I can now lock.

He said no u r under 15 days to close and u cannot lock.

So since I started this loan on January 13 until closing February 20 I have not been given opportunity to lock. I thought every borrower is given opportunity to lock.

Can they do this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2015, 01:03 PM

8,674 posts, read 22,916,596 times
Please look at your application package. A rate lock letter is required to be given at every loan application. Not being able to lock sounds like complete garbage, but if that is what he gave you in the lock letter, then you agreed to it.

FWIW, reg B requires a credit decision within 30 days of a loan application. Quite honestly, it sounds like your lender has too many loans and he's rushing around, putting out the biggest fire. Where was your credit score? Is that what's behind a manual underwrite? Is the lender paying closing costs? If none of this applies, renegotiate your rate now,

Old 02-15-2015, 01:08 PM

No. Never received rate lock letter.

Credit median score from him 667.

Not sure how to negotiate rate I don't have. He says as of last Friday he doesn't know my rate. Closing is this Friday.

Thx.

Old 02-15-2015, 05:42 PM

8,674 posts, read 22,916,596 times
Lenders are required to provide a lock letter at the time of application. At the time of completing an application, the lender is required to spell out in writing the terms of your lock. How did you get in touch with this lender, where did you find him? What is your Realtor saying about this? Are you leaning on him or her?

Are you counting on the lender to pay all or part of your closing costs with that rate? The reason I ask is 4.25% is outrageous, if there isn't any lender assistance. In that case, do see the attorney at your title company, and do so before closing (after confirming s/he is familiar with the current lending regulations).

Old 02-15-2015, 08:10 PM

211 posts, read 451,381 times
What does your purchase contract say about your rate and how high it can go before you can walk from the deal? Do you want to continue with this?

Old 02-16-2015, 03:05 PM

1,825 posts, read 2,827,853 times
Your lender should be held to what is on the GFE. If you get a GFE and say 'yes I want this' that day, then the rate on the GEF is the rate you should have, unless you mis-represented something or some other major component of the deal changes.

Old 02-16-2015, 03:12 PM

That's what I did. He told me he couldn't lock because GFE is only an estimate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages