Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2015, 09:50 AM

8,674 posts, read 22,905,462 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadsadseller View Post
To clarify - the $22K repair was to REMOVE AND REPLACE all fiber cement siding because the buyers believed it was not to building code. Which the county and city confirmed it was to code. This was not identified in the inspection report nor noted in any documents on their ORIGINAL repair request that we completed all but 1 repair ($300). We offered them the $300 at closing. They did not have any contact with us until AFTER their period for rejection had expired.

I don't want to force performance on the contract - we believe we are entitled to the escrow money. But it seems futile to sue for $3K if I have to spend $5K to get it.

I just want the mortgage company and other broker to be accountable for the entire mess....
Well, then you're setting yourself up to be disappointed.

The mortgage lender is not a party to the contract, regardless how many paragraphs in that contract make reference to the lender.

Furthermore, while you are entitled to a copy of the denial letter, you are not entitled to know the buyer's financial data and credit history.

This is why the lender letter should vetted before the contract is even ratified and another reason to supported sticking with a local lender (and this is from someone that lends in all 50 states).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2015, 09:56 AM

4,567 posts, read 10,650,140 times
Quote:
I don't want to force performance on the contract - we believe we are entitled to the escrow money. But it seems futile to sue for $3K if I have to spend $5K to get it.
Maybe they will give you the $3k, but unlikely. What will likely happen is they will sue you for the money and record the lawsuit at the registry of deeds. In that time period, lets say it takes a year, you will not be able to sell the house because its involved in litigation. So...... is that worth fighting over $3k for?

Quote:
I just want the mortgage company and other broker to be accountable for the entire mess....
Not going to happen. We don't live in a perfect world. Put it back up for sale, move on with your life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages