U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2008, 06:23 PM

81 posts, read 293,042 times

Advertisements

I sent over an application to a mortgage broker a little over two weeks ago and haven't heard anything. emailed friday asking for status. nothing hear back. is this normal, or should i move on to someone else?m fyi i told him we were interested in an fha loan, don't know if this takes longer? thanks,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2008, 07:24 PM

5,137 posts, read 15,093,116 times
depends...if it was me then i'll contact you ASAP.

if it wasn't then move on lol

sometimes apps get lost ... i get quite a few per day, and it's hard trying to keep up.

send him an email to see what's tkaing soo long

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatever78 View Post
I sent over an application to a mortgage broker a little over two weeks ago and haven't heard anything. emailed friday asking for status. nothing hear back. is this normal, or should i move on to someone else?m fyi i told him we were interested in an fha loan, don't know if this takes longer? thanks,

Old 04-08-2008, 07:25 PM

2,086 posts, read 6,096,673 times
It should only take 24-48 hours, at most, to pre-qualify someone. Move on to someone else. If the LO cannot get back to you in a timely manner on an initial application, I can't imagine the problems you would run into down the line trying to close. Loan programs make no difference on the amount of time it takes to pre-qual someone.

Old 04-08-2008, 07:26 PM

5,137 posts, read 15,093,116 times
not with FHA/VA loans

most lenders are asking for a case# to come with the file before they view it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddys///M3 View Post
It should only take 24-48 hours, at most, to pre-qualify someone. Move on to someone else. If the LO cannot get back to you in a timely manner on an initial application, I can't imagine the problems you would run into down the line trying to close. Loan programs make no difference on the amount of time it takes to pre-qual someone.

Old 04-08-2008, 08:49 PM

275 posts, read 1,421,660 times
Default I'm no expert but.....

As they already stated, call and check first to make sure it wasn't lost. If it's been sitting on his desk and there's not a real good excuse, move on. I just dealt with a crappy mortgage company. It can make a world of difference in your entire process.

Old 04-08-2008, 08:58 PM

thanks everyone. normally in my business relationship if i don't get a response i move on...but some industries are different so i wasn't sure.

Old 04-08-2008, 09:06 PM

2,086 posts, read 6,096,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renriq02 View Post
not with FHA/VA loans

most lenders are asking for a case# to come with the file before they view it.
Correct, but we are not talking about underwriting here. We are talking about an application. I don't need a case number to pre-qual someone, based on information given and a credit report. I also will immediately make an appointment to collect all necessary documentation (if I don't have it already) and get the client to sign all necessary disclosures. From there I can tighten up the 1003 and run it through the AUS as a pre-qual without a case number.

All that being said, I still have lenders that are turning files in 24 hours. Yes, even govvie files.

Old 04-09-2008, 09:16 PM

1,240 posts, read 3,641,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddys///M3 View Post
Correct, but we are not talking about underwriting here. We are talking about an application. I don't need a case number to pre-qual someone, based on information given and a credit report. I also will immediately make an appointment to collect all necessary documentation (if I don't have it already) and get the client to sign all necessary disclosures. From there I can tighten up the 1003 and run it through the AUS as a pre-qual without a case number.

All that being said, I still have lenders that are turning files in 24 hours. Yes, even govvie files.
++ to this. I think that the OP ought to find a lender that cares.

Old 04-10-2008, 09:04 PM

1,036 posts, read 3,627,137 times
Maybe you need to check the implode-o-meter :P Seriously, the lender or the loan officer may have quit the business. With that slow of a turn around time, if they have not then maybe they should consider it.

For a pre-qual it should take 24-48 hours. However if its a sticky situation and they want an underwriter to review it or look into guidelines it can take longer. The loan officer should call you and tell you if this is the case so you know what is going on.

Underwriting times on FHA are slow right now at some lenders, but others are still at 24-48 hours. The least the loan officer could do is inform you once a week of the status.

Old 04-11-2008, 06:21 PM

thank you again everyone. at this point i am moving on, as i emailed for status one week ago and again on tuesday. so...thanks for nothing, former mortgage broker?

Question: Should I contact the person and ask them to not run the application, since I assume that would be extra hits on my credit?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages