U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 07:14 PM

4,552 posts, read 13,143,654 times

Advertisements

Is there anything out there that helps people who are near foreclosure?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2008, 09:12 PM

1,240 posts, read 3,641,445 times
This depends on your specific situation. Just how "near foreclosure" are you? My bank may be able to help.

Old 05-01-2008, 03:45 PM

2 posts, read 4,776 times
Default There is hope... If it's not to late

2 homes were saved from foreclosure this month (April 2008) in California. Not by new loans but, by working on the existing loan. I was a third party to the negotiations mentioned and what I found out is most lenders have all these requirements for the employees, keeping them from being able to help, for fear of their jobs. This is not who you want to talk to, you're looking for someone who can influence a decision for you. It really sounds easy but it's far from it. Most of the time spent in the 5 months of talks, was sending and resending, faxing and refaxing, and talking to three different departments. So hang in there! Ask for help, it works.

Last edited by seric; 05-01-2008 at 04:38 PM..

Old 05-01-2008, 04:16 PM

5,217 posts, read 4,111,192 times
Default Here's a good site..

Quote:
Originally Posted by desert sun View Post
Go to this website.. NAFPP.org. You'll find someone in your area that can help. I'm in the proccess of workign with someone associated with that group. They are 100% legit .

the website alone has so much information that you will find helpful and comforting.. Hang in there.. it sucks.. I know.. I'm there.. If you fought with all your might.. hold your head up high and know you did your best..

Now..in the next phase.. you need to do the best for you in the smartest way possible..

You can PM if you'd like... Good luck

Old 05-05-2008, 07:55 AM

2,403 posts, read 5,618,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seric View Post
2 homes were saved from foreclosure this month (April 2008) in California. Not by new loans but, by working on the existing loan. I was a third party to the negotiations mentioned and what I found out is most lenders have all these requirements for the employees, keeping them from being able to help, for fear of their jobs. This is not who you want to talk to, you're looking for someone who can influence a decision for you. It really sounds easy but it's far from it. Most of the time spent in the 5 months of talks, was sending and resending, faxing and refaxing, and talking to three different departments. So hang in there! Ask for help, it works.
SO does filing a UCC-1 on the property as i have explained on other sites . 37 homes in 3 weeks, foreclosure actions STOPPED dead in their tracts in So. Calif. and Oregon . Now the banks are wanting to work things out . But something real funny . They don't want the home owners to leave the houses empty. before they wanted the out and had threatened court actions to do that >

Old 05-10-2008, 10:22 AM

39 posts, read 232,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desert sun View Post
Try here too

Home Loan Forum - Loan Safe - Powered by vBulletin

Old 05-10-2008, 03:32 PM

323 posts, read 1,872,203 times
Call the bank and see what they say about a short sale, and get a good local realtor

Old 05-10-2008, 07:07 PM

43 posts, read 100,248 times
Default Proceed with extreme caution

Thee are quite a few determining factors regarding what can be done ...Basically it breaks down to how far gone the homeowners are ..Sometimes the best solution is to just let it go

There are many RE investors out there that will try to help by short selling the property - Just be careful whom you choose & what you sign ..NEVER sign over the deed no matter what ..If you're asked to by someone, contact an attorney immediately & have them review the document presented - It will cost you a few bucks but could stop you from having your home "stolen" from you by a scam artist ..

If you have alot of equity, a hard money lender may be able to help but, they usually look for at least 40% positive equity & maybe more -

You can try & sell it - Be careful again..Choose a realtor wisely & do your due dilligence researching the realtors credentials & experience levels

I'm a mortgage broker also & as much as I hate to say it, BE CAREFUL as there are many in our industry ready, willing, and able to throw you under a bus to make a quick buck off of your misfortune ..

There are options but you really need to sit down with a qualified professional who genuinely cares & wants to help & explore every possible option available

Old 05-10-2008, 07:12 PM

43 posts, read 100,248 times
Default To Tristansmommy

you forgot to mention this part of the NAFPP

[url=http://www.shortsalesystem.com/SSS/]ShortSaleSystem - Pre-Foreclosure Training Summit[/url]

Another scam outfit!

What's wrong with you people? someone asks for help & you reccomend an outfit like this??

Where's the ethic?

Old 05-11-2008, 12:03 PM

2,403 posts, read 5,618,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristansMommy View Post
Go to this website.. NAFPP.org. You'll find someone in your area that can help. I'm in the proccess of workign with someone associated with that group. They are 100% legit .

the website alone has so much information that you will find helpful and comforting.. Hang in there.. it sucks.. I know.. I'm there.. If you fought with all your might.. hold your head up high and know you did your best..

Now..in the next phase.. you need to do the best for you in the smartest way possible..

You can PM if you'd like... Good luck
**********WOW! GUESS I SHOULD HAVE SAID I WOULD SELL MY INFO FOR $ 1,000.00 EACH Posted a process that does help and only 3 have called , but that 3 less people that walked away empty handed ,to start again . Well I tried. You know the saying "You can lead a horse to water ,but you can't make him drink . How true , How true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages