Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2008, 04:50 PM

2,407 posts, read 10,680,321 times

Advertisements

I purchased a home in Feb.. Anyway, at closing the gave me a loan # and an address to send payments. The paperwork from the mortgage co. indicated in mail that they'd send out a statement every month with bill for the next month's mortgage payment.

They sent a statement and I made my first mortgage payment in Apr (due on the 1st, late after the 15th)--totally different PO box, different city, different state compared to the original address specified in the package I got at closing.

I didn't get a statement from them for May so I called them last night (2nd) to get the address. The customer service lady gave me yet another address (po box, not the same city as either of the first two). Then when I asked her about online access to my account, she told me that actually, the servicing company had changed and I no longer have an account with them. Then she told me that the new company won't have my records until after the 5th, so try calling them on the 6th, since they won't have my records until then. She tells me that I'd have a different loan # when it goes to the other company.

I tried calling the new company's customer service but they're closed on the weekend.

I'm a bit confused. Do I go ahead and mail the payment to the first address, the second address, the third address or should I hold off until I reach someone in customer service at the new company?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2008, 12:22 PM

2,407 posts, read 10,680,321 times
Just to follow up, I called the original bank's customer service number again and apparently the last CSR I spoke to was very much mistaken (or I misunderstood her), as the change was not supposed to take place until Jun 1st, and obviously, I need to pay the original bank servicing my loan at second address (the one I where I sent my last month's payment).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages