Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 07:30 AM

2,249 posts, read 8,871,062 times

Advertisements

Yes, but only if it's negotiated that way. I was talking about according to the FAR addendum. The funding fee is something different and would normally be paid for by the buyer.
Thanks much for your assistance in this matter. I truly appreciate it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2008, 09:41 PM

28 posts, read 90,899 times
I believe that no seller wants to accept my offers is because of these statements:

Buyer Seller shall pay 1% discount points
Seller to CR 4% for Buyers VA Non-Allowable (Lndr, Escrow/Closing Fees) with remaining balance to Buyers Re-occurring & Non Re-occurring CLS/Settlement Cost

Is there any way I can make my purchase bids more acceptable? I still want to use my VA

Old 05-06-2009, 12:38 PM

4 posts, read 18,862 times
Default renriq02 or Anyone, Please Help Scared Selling to VA Buyer

I signed up after reading this thread and your advice which was very helpful. But your last post scared the x&@y out of me. I just got a contract on my house which I am selling myself. While I'm glad to have a contract, unfortunately the buyer is getting a VA Loan. As a seller how can I best safeguard against having to pay unexpected VA fees at closing. I have the same notation in the VA addendum as palmcoasting mentioned - a limit of $500 to be paid by seller. Is this sufficient protection for me so that I will not be stuck with any more than that at closing? What happens at closing if there are fees in excess of that which the Buyer is not allowed to pay because it is a VA loan? Can he really pay them anyhow? If he won't/can't pay the excess over $500, can that then be the end of the contract if he wants to walk away. Granted both of us have a vested interest in closing, and so does his realtor, but my interest is probably greater than his at that point so...! How can I best protect myself?

The VA addendum also shows "Loan Details": VA Funding Fee - $ zero, then it shows the Base and Total Loan amounts as being the same amount. Does this mean that there can be a VA loan without a Funding Fee - my buyer is indicating that he is exempt from that fee. Possible? What are his chances of getting the loan without a Funding Fee. Could this be a waste of my time waiting to see if he qualifies without that Fee since it will never happen under these circumstances?

I will really appreciate any help/advice anyone can give me.

Old 05-06-2009, 12:41 PM

5,137 posts, read 16,539,299 times
If the buyer can't pay it, the lender usually eats the cost, and pays it.
When i started with VA tht's what i did

exemption from the funding fee is common
if the person has a disability they will be exempt. disabilities doesnt have to be drastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardVS View Post
I signed up after reading this thread and your advice which was very helpful. But your last post scared the x&@y out of me. I just got a contract on my house which I am selling myself. While I'm glad to have a contract, unfortunately the buyer is getting a VA Loan. As a seller how can I best safeguard against having to pay unexpected VA fees at closing. I have the same notation in the VA addendum as palmcoasting mentioned - a limit of $500 to be paid by seller. Is this sufficient protection for me so that I will not be stuck with any more than that at closing? What happens at closing if there are fees in excess of that which the Buyer is not allowed to pay because it is a VA loan? Can he really pay them anyhow? If he won't/can't pay the excess over $500, can that then be the end of the contract if he wants to walk away. Granted both of us have a vested interest in closing, and so does his realtor, but my interest is probably greater than his at that point so...! How can I best protect myself?

The VA addendum also shows "Loan Details": VA Funding Fee - $ zero, then it shows the Base and Total Loan amounts as being the same amount. Does this mean that there can be a VA loan without a Funding Fee - my buyer is indicating that he is exempt from that fee. Possible? What are his chances of getting the loan without a Funding Fee. Could this be a waste of my time waiting to see if he qualifies without that Fee since it will never happen under these circumstances?

I will really appreciate any help/advice anyone can give me.

Old 05-06-2009, 12:54 PM

4 posts, read 18,862 times
Thanks for responding so quickly. I just got a call back from his proposed lender (affilliated with his realtor), where I had left a message earlier. He has actually advised me that they are taking out even the $500 and assured me that there won't be any other fees for me to pay. And thanks for explaining the Funding Fee exemption also.

There is one other thing that bothers me with the VA loan - the requirement to make Repairs. The property I am selling is a 9 year old condo with a sale price of approx. $300K. It is in in excellent condition, is in need of no known repairs, and is on the 4th floor of a 5 story building. Is there anything you can think of that is likely to be a repair requirement. Sorry to bother you again and thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages