Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2008, 05:51 AM

1,122 posts, read 4,107,941 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by christeen View Post
That is bizarre about accepting your friend vs. you.
But the check you got from your current carrier sounds like a nice consolation prize. Never heard of that. Can I ask who you use?
Thanks again for your help.
My friend recommended them to me and I gave them a chance twice , where I lived previously, and after I moved. I just find it extremely annoying to spend a lot of time filling out those extensive and very personal online quote forms, only to get no answer or brusque answers from a company. It's just bad business.

DM'd you on the company I currently use. There are so many to choose from, anybody should be able to find a decent, personable agent in their area. Sometimes you just have to dig a little
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2008, 08:42 AM

10,007 posts, read 15,647,185 times
Quote:
Wow, your profession? I can understand how it might affect your insurability for umbrella policy, or car insurance, but homeowner's? That's interesting.
Yes, I was referring to the auto insurance. Like a salesperson who tends to put a lot of mileage on their car - that type of thing.

Old 07-13-2008, 07:05 PM

297 posts, read 1,538,157 times
We have Amica for both home and auto insurance, and they have been nothing less than awesome for us. Whenever we have filed a claim, they have been extremely responsive (most times the adjuster is out the next day)! Also, anytime we have called with a question, they have been extremely helpful. I know this does not help you, but I just wanted to chime in that we are very pleased with them.

On a side note, we were previously with another insurance company who denied a perfectly legal claim for really no other reason than they did not want to pay it. Just be careful with insurance companies - insurance only matters when you need a claim paid! Amica has never even batted an eye when we have called about a claim (or even a potential claim), and each check has been cut extremely quickly. Unfortunately, I have not heard the same about numerous other companies.

Old 07-14-2008, 01:43 AM

380 posts, read 2,350,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kagmypts View Post
We have Amica for both home and auto insurance, and they have been nothing less than awesome for us. Whenever we have filed a claim, they have been extremely responsive (most times the adjuster is out the next day)! Also, anytime we have called with a question, they have been extremely helpful. I know this does not help you, but I just wanted to chime in that we are very pleased with them.

On a side note, we were previously with another insurance company who denied a perfectly legal claim for really no other reason than they did not want to pay it. Just be careful with insurance companies - insurance only matters when you need a claim paid! Amica has never even batted an eye when we have called about a claim (or even a potential claim), and each check has been cut extremely quickly. Unfortunately, I have not heard the same about numerous other companies.
Thanks for the feedback. I'm always glad to learn more about everyone's claims experiences. Did your rates jump after your claims were paid by Amica?

Old 07-14-2008, 06:04 AM

297 posts, read 1,538,157 times
Quote:
Thanks for the feedback. I'm always glad to learn more about everyone's claims experiences. Did your rates jump after your claims were paid by Amica?
No, our rates have never jumped. I was in a car accident (my fault), and if I remember correctly, our rates held constant when they came up for renewal. Usually, our car insurance decreases each year, but I think that it held constant that year (that was 5 years ago so my memory is a little fuzzy..... however, we have never seen a jump). As I said before, the claims process has been flawless... never given a hassle about anything. Good luck!

Old 07-14-2008, 02:00 PM

69 posts, read 1,128,885 times
We are using Amica for our new home purchase, and also switching our auto. They have been really fantastic, and their rates were very competitive also. We are just starting with them, so I can't say about claims, etc., but so far they've been super helpful and nice.

Old 07-14-2008, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagmypts View Post
No, our rates have never jumped. I was in a car accident (my fault), and if I remember correctly, our rates held constant when they came up for renewal. Usually, our car insurance decreases each year, but I think that it held constant that year (that was 5 years ago so my memory is a little fuzzy..... however, we have never seen a jump). As I said before, the claims process has been flawless... never given a hassle about anything. Good luck!
Wow, that is amazing and contrary to everything you hear about insurance companies these days. Hope we end up in similar shoes (well, I'd rather not have a car accident, but if I did . . .).

Thanks again!

Old 07-14-2008, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzy View Post
We are using Amica for our new home purchase, and also switching our auto. They have been really fantastic, and their rates were very competitive also. We are just starting with them, so I can't say about claims, etc., but so far they've been super helpful and nice.
Well, hope we end up w/ them too. Thanks for your feedback!

Old 07-17-2008, 09:46 AM

3,989 posts, read 6,573,136 times
Just to throw in my 2 cents- we also have amica for auto home and life - only ever filed some auto claims over the years. They were always excellent and our rates never went up so our experience has been excellent.

Old 07-17-2008, 01:12 PM

Glad to hear everyone else is enjoying their service. But I'm still jealous.

I forwarded them copies of our inspection reports and apparently that wasn't good enough. They said they need to do their own interior inspection before approving our policy. I'm guessing that's the precursor to the big N-O.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages