U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-15-2008, 08:11 AM

485 posts, read 998,284 times
Question Reliable Mortgage Companies??

If you were looking to get a new mortgage or refi what company would you choose?
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2008, 08:42 AM

5,137 posts, read 11,415,478 times
This would depend on your qualifications, and what type of product you're looking for.

Old 07-15-2008, 11:07 AM

Are you serious? You mean to tell me that there is no "A list" companies out there that can provide their customers with a wide range of services and can be fairly flexible to their customers needs? Does anyone have any companies that they have dealt with and have felt them to be easy to deal with, flexible, and reliable?

Old 07-15-2008, 11:28 AM

2,013 posts, read 4,469,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTTNFAM View Post
Are you serious? You mean to tell me that there is no "A list" companies out there that can provide their customers with a wide range of services and can be fairly flexible to their customers needs? Does anyone have any companies that they have dealt with and have felt them to be easy to deal with, flexible, and reliable?
If you are looking for a wide range of products, services, and flexibility perhaps you should talk to a broker. Ask friends, family, and co-workers for referrals.

Old 07-15-2008, 12:27 PM

No there isn't.

The best jumbo lenders do not offer the best conforming rates.
The best conforming lenders do not offer FHA loans.
The best FHA lenders may offer the worst conforming rates/jumbo rates.
Not all lenders do FHA, and not all lenders offer construction loans.
Only a few lenders offer subprime mortgages, and only a few go over 2million. Not all FHA lenders offer 'manual underwriting', and some dont go lower than a 660 FICO. Not all lenders are VA approved, and there are only a few lenders that offer 2nd mortgages.

Quote:

Old 07-15-2008, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by renriq02 View Post
No there isn't.

The best jumbo lenders do not offer the best conforming rates.
The best conforming lenders do not offer FHA loans.
The best FHA lenders may offer the worst conforming rates/jumbo rates.
Not all lenders do FHA, and not all lenders offer construction loans.
Only a few lenders offer subprime mortgages, and only a few go over 2million. Not all FHA lenders offer 'manual underwriting', and some dont go lower than a 660 FICO. Not all lenders are VA approved, and there are only a few lenders that offer 2nd mortgages.
OK...so if I were to say that I need a new loan on an existing structure and have over a 660 FICO and atleast a 10% downpayment if not more, who would you recommend? I am talking about getting the best possible rate (the my FICO will allow) PLUS a great company who can offer great customer service.

Old 07-15-2008, 01:15 PM

Not all lenders lend in the same state
Will also need to know loan amount...

Quote:
OK...so if I were to say that I need a new loan on an existing structure and have over a 660 FICO and atleast a 10% downpayment if not more, who would you recommend? I am talking about getting the best possible rate (the my FICO will allow) PLUS a great company who can offer great customer service.

Old 07-15-2008, 01:18 PM

I am giving a hypothetical... I am still looking for a home to purchase and still trying to sell mine.... But when I do buy I will not purchase anything over $115,000 and it is in Arkansas.

Old 07-15-2008, 01:21 PM

I would try a local credit union. They may help with your low score, and may also offer 'lender paid PMI'. If you try a regular conventional loan, then you may pay high PMI figures.

Look for lenders that offer LPMI - lender paid PMI.
There are few lenders that offer these types of loans.

I'll look to see who lenders in AR that maybe able to help you out

Quote:
I am giving a hypothetical... I am still looking for a home to purchase and still trying to sell mine.... But when I do buy I will not purchase anything over $115,000 and it is in Arkansas.

Old 07-15-2008, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by renriq02 View Post
I would try a local credit union. They may help with your low score, and may also offer 'lender paid PMI'. If you try a regular conventional loan, then you may pay high PMI figures.

Look for lenders that offer LPMI - lender paid PMI.
There are few lenders that offer these types of loans.

I'll look to see who lenders in AR that maybe able to help you out

My low score? My FICO is 690, I wasn't aware that 690 was low?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages