U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 09:48 AM

5,137 posts, read 11,151,706 times
Depends on the experience of the loan officer.

All my preapprovals for purchases have gone to closing.
I dont issue them unless there is a good chance of the loan getting closed. I dont like to waste my time trying to close a loan that will never make it to the closing table.

I collect docs upfront, and go over credit before I issue a preapproval.
If the borrower doesn't like it, then they need to find another lender!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Va-Cat View Post
I guess my question then would be, is a preapproval worth anything? Based on your experience Renriq02, what percentage of preapprovals would you say never make it to a closing? Is it a high number?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2008, 10:03 AM

3,526 posts, read 5,190,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renriq02 View Post
Depends on the experience of the loan officer.

All my preapprovals for purchases have gone to closing.
I dont issue them unless there is a good chance of the loan getting closed. I dont like to waste my time trying to close a loan that will never make it to the closing table.

I collect docs upfront, and go over credit before I issue a preapproval.
If the borrower doesn't like it, then they need to find another lender!
Sounds like a reasonable way to do things. Thanks for the answer

Old 07-21-2009, 11:45 AM

5 posts, read 63,120 times
My loan has went to Usda for final approval yesterday,they have already planned on closing Friday at 4.Does this mean that they are pretty sure of their decision?Or could it possibly still be turned down and have to cancel closing?I know that this is one of the most stressful things I have went threw it will be 6 weeks this Friday from when first submitted a application to hear yes or no.Thank you so much.

Old 07-21-2009, 11:49 AM

there's a good chance that you will be approved BUT we dont know your qualifications

1. credit score
2. income
3. debt to income ratio
4. price of home
5. if any down payment

Old 07-21-2009, 11:55 AM

5 posts, read 63,120 times
How long is it usually in Usda underwriting?Does it sometime get threw the banks underwriting and then not threw Usda's?All the qualifications look fine from the LO point of view and I have met all the conditions threw the bank.What do you think?

Old 07-21-2009, 12:00 PM

1. if your LO has USDA experience with MANY files then they'll be able to tell you yes or no

2. The bank or LO does NOT underwriter USDAs. USDA underwrites their own loans so you can forget what the bank said

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachealparker View Post
How long is it usually in Usda underwriting?Does it sometime get threw the banks underwriting and then not threw Usda's?All the qualifications look fine from the LO point of view and I have met all the conditions threw the bank.What do you think?

Old 05-19-2011, 02:53 PM

1 posts, read 4,133 times
i got a approval through my lender and it approved the gus automated system will usda automatically approve my loan?

Old 08-15-2012, 11:17 PM

1 posts, read 2,671 times
The loan underwriter that the loan officer works with usually has a list of things needed to be verified before the underwriter approves it to be sent to USDA for the final certification. They do often do this with contingency letters to the loan officer. USDA works on the certs in order of date of filing. My date is being worked on now. We had to get a loan extension. I'm praying to close in the next few days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages