U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 11:41 PM

479 posts, read 1,800,772 times

Advertisements

USAA is great for auto insurance, however, we were very unhappy with them when we used them for a refi. The interest rate was very good, but that was about it. The process and service was surprisingly bad! If I were to do it all over again I would have stuck with BECU (Boeing Employees Credit Union) where the service was MUCH better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2010, 09:53 PM

36 posts, read 176,097 times
We have a USAA Mortgage, since 2005; after being with them for Insurance since 1993. We didn't know our Mortgage was going to be outsourced, or we probably would've stayed where we were. We are with GMAC!

Due to Employment issues, beyond our control - we got behind. The calls never stopped. And when we talked to them, it was always the 3rd degree, and the questions were always the same. And if you wanted to make partial payments, you had to go through the Loan Modification process, only to probably be told no.

They put our house in foreclosure, although we were only payments past due; and no prewarning letter. I tried to make an online payment so a 3rd payment wouldn't be past due, but the system wouldn't let me, because of the foreclosure status. Yet at least 2 people at GMAC Mortgage, verified, the Mortgage shouldn't have been in foreclosure.

We haven't been happy at all with their Mortgage Servicer, GMAC Mortgage. Our statements came from Waterloo, IA, but our payments went to Phoenix, AZ.

Old 03-24-2011, 07:03 PM

1 posts, read 5,342 times
Angry Never Use USAA

I am a US Navy War Vet just got out of the Navy. I found the house I want to buy near my new job, I am staying in a hotel till we close on the house. The VA said they can not close before 2weeks to protect us, that is too long for me and my family to stay in a hotel with a new baby.

We heard high recommendations from USAA, when I called they said they could close in a week, of course I went with them. I Had all my paperwork sent to them that day. They changed my loan processor 4 different times each time they lost all my paperwork and I would have to send everything all over again, including calling the builder and title company and having them send their paperwork over again also.

We were with them for 2months our last loan processor (Marimar) wouldn't answer the phone or call back till 4:30p their office closes at 4:30p so she would say I'll call you back in 30min and of course she never did. When I would call Customer Service and tell them my problems they would say let me try to track her down, I would be put on hold for about 30min they would come back and say "I'm sorry I can't find her, can I please put you on hold again and call her manager." 2 mins later "I cant get a hold of her either let me try the next manager." 2more manager later and I'm screwed I get to leave a message and not get called back till 4:30p again. This was a daily occurrence.

I switched banks on Monday, called USAA at 11a to request the VA appraisal and withdraw my application. I received a call back from Marimar at 4:30p she says she needs it in writing she cant take that over the phone. I wrote it out, scanned it in, and email it within 5 mins, called back and I can not get a hold of anyone.

Tue I try calling USAA I still cant reach anyone, I called 3times that day still not being able to reach anyone (Marimar's managers voice mail was full all day).

Wed at 4p I receive an email from Marimar requesting the Lender VA ID she said she needs this before she can send us the VA appraisal. I replied back exactly 3 mins later with the ID, and I called her not being able to reach anyone.

Now it's Thur, this morning I resent the Lender VA ID still have not been contacted back by USAA. When I called customer service they put me on hold for an hr, then would not transfer me to Marimar since my loan was withdrawn. As the customer service lady was playing middle man between me and Marimar, the customer service representative told me Marimar was about to leave. Marimar left with me still on the phone, she sent no appraisal and I will be doing this all over again tomorrow. This has been a daily occurrence with USAA for the past 2months.

I recommend NO ONE EVER Going through USAA because even when you finally change banks they will hold you up as much as they can even at your new bank. My new bank has everything done all they are waiting on is Marimar to send over the VA Appraisal. http://www.pissedconsumer.com/lib/pc...icle_id=228658

Old 03-25-2011, 08:20 AM

187 posts, read 704,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyota4x4527 View Post
I am a US Navy War Vet just got out of the Navy. I found the house I want to buy near my new job, I am staying in a hotel till we close on the house. The VA said they can not close before 2weeks to protect us, that is too long for me and my family to stay in a hotel with a new baby.

We heard high recommendations from USAA, when I called they said they could close in a week, of course I went with them. I Had all my paperwork sent to them that day. They changed my loan processor 4 different times each time they lost all my paperwork and I would have to send everything all over again, including calling the builder and title company and having them send their paperwork over again also.

We were with them for 2months our last loan processor (Marimar) wouldn't answer the phone or call back till 4:30p their office closes at 4:30p so she would say I'll call you back in 30min and of course she never did. When I would call Customer Service and tell them my problems they would say let me try to track her down, I would be put on hold for about 30min they would come back and say "I'm sorry I can't find her, can I please put you on hold again and call her manager." 2 mins later "I cant get a hold of her either let me try the next manager." 2more manager later and I'm screwed I get to leave a message and not get called back till 4:30p again. This was a daily occurrence.

I switched banks on Monday, called USAA at 11a to request the VA appraisal and withdraw my application. I received a call back from Marimar at 4:30p she says she needs it in writing she cant take that over the phone. I wrote it out, scanned it in, and email it within 5 mins, called back and I can not get a hold of anyone.

Tue I try calling USAA I still cant reach anyone, I called 3times that day still not being able to reach anyone (Marimar's managers voice mail was full all day).

Wed at 4p I receive an email from Marimar requesting the Lender VA ID she said she needs this before she can send us the VA appraisal. I replied back exactly 3 mins later with the ID, and I called her not being able to reach anyone.

Now it's Thur, this morning I resent the Lender VA ID still have not been contacted back by USAA. When I called customer service they put me on hold for an hr, then would not transfer me to Marimar since my loan was withdrawn. As the customer service lady was playing middle man between me and Marimar, the customer service representative told me Marimar was about to leave. Marimar left with me still on the phone, she sent no appraisal and I will be doing this all over again tomorrow. This has been a daily occurrence with USAA for the past 2months.

I recommend NO ONE EVER Going through USAA because even when you finally change banks they will hold you up as much as they can even at your new bank. My new bank has everything done all they are waiting on is Marimar to send over the VA Appraisal.

Hi Toyota,

WOW, I'm sorry you're being jerked around. You can always call VA directly and request the transfer to speed things up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or