U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2008, 11:22 PM

11,544 posts, read 25,086,443 times

Advertisements

As far as I am concerned, thee are only two places to go for financial advice when buying a house. My Banker and MY Banker.because I get an honest answer.

With good credit and a pocket full of cash, you will get the best rates possible. Credit Unions offer better loan rates than banks; they always have. You can also look at FHA and Freddie Mac loans.

You need a local loan. Make the standard 20% downpayment. Keep the other 30% to prepay the principle down in 90 days. Do it in person. Banks have an awful tendency to apply payment for principle only to *Priniciple AND Interest*. It is a real chore to get it corrected especially if your loan has been resold to a third party.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2009, 06:14 PM

1,194 posts, read 3,597,397 times
FUnny but I have never ever fouind a crystal ball that will tell us when the rates have reached bottom. All speculation so if you buy down a rate then you have done your best to achieve your goal. TOmorrow the rates can go up or remain the same but WHAT IF the rate rose like a rocket forever, and they surely can?

Then it is safe to say that someone gave bad advice and I would like to see everyone happy as we are already paying out the nose for our taxes where ever we live.

Good luck...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or