Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2008, 01:37 PM

1 posts, read 14,683 times

Advertisements

How can you find which lenders use either transunion, equifax or experian bureaus?

I am looking to get pre-approved for a loan, however my credit score and very different between the big 3 bureaus and want prefer to select my mortgage provider by whom that pull my credit from. I am sure not all lender pull all three...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2008, 01:53 PM

1,036 posts, read 3,969,936 times
Mortgage companies will use the middle of the three credit scores. Auto companies and credit card companies will often only check a single bureau.... and which one depends on the company and part of the country you are in.

Mortgage companies use the "tri-merge" report and look at the three because of the fact you mentioned. They don't want to chance pulling 1 score and its 50 points higher than the other two, making you look less risky than you are.

There were porgrams that used highest score, average score or 1 bureau... but those were the "non-conforming" programs that are now long gone.

Old 08-24-2008, 07:22 PM

5,137 posts, read 16,587,934 times
They use all 3, but use the middle of the 3 scores.

DO NOT PULL your credit scores with the actual bureaus.
These scores are usually way off, and the best one to use is myfico.com

Each year or every 6months there is a new FICO model that comes out.
Your scores may vary depend on which model the credit provider uses.

Lenders use credit providers like Kroll Factual, CBC Innovis, Credco, Fiserv, Advantage Credit, etc.
These credit providers pull a mortgage credit report for the lenders.
Each lender may accept the above credit providers, but some of them have their own preferred company. Countrywide prefers to use Landsafe to pull mortgage credit reports.

Back to the question

The lender pulls your scores 700, 680, 720.
They do not average scores but pick the middle score. 700

If there are 2 borrowers, they will put the lower of the 2 middle scores.
700, 680, 720. Borrower 1 middle score = 700
680, 660, 700. Borrower 2 middle score = 680
They will use 680 as the representative score.

If Borrower is reporting no income, then I would remove them from the mortgage. This applies if the lender will use their score to determine the interest rate. You can include the borrower on the title/deed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swapwap View Post
How can you find which lenders use either transunion, equifax or experian bureaus?

I am looking to get pre-approved for a loan, however my credit score and very different between the big 3 bureaus and want prefer to select my mortgage provider by whom that pull my credit from. I am sure not all lender pull all three...

Old 12-17-2009, 01:52 PM

2 posts, read 26,449 times
i only have credit lines on transunion report who only pulls transunion and how do you get your lines on trans union on to the other big two

Old 12-17-2009, 02:01 PM

2 posts, read 26,449 times
Cool only have credit lines on transunion who pulls

[quote=dreamakher;12069609]i only have credit lines on transunion report who only pulls transunion only and how do you get your lines on trans union on to the other big two reporting companys ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,

Old 12-17-2009, 03:06 PM

1,673 posts, read 7,018,522 times
Call your creditors and ask them to report to all three credit agencies.

As the other posters said, when applying for a mortgage all three credit bureaus report will be pulled. No mortgage lender uses only one credit agency.

Old 01-26-2010, 04:36 PM

5,137 posts, read 16,587,934 times
thank you for the reps!

I wrote a post on city data about checking your score before/during/after any credit transaction
http://www.city-data.com/blogs/blog1...re-during.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages