U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2008, 08:13 PM

79 posts, read 209,003 times

Advertisements

I am wondering if anyone thinks that the gov't bailout of fannie mae and freddie mac will slow down foreclosures? I've noticed that when the FDIC takes over a bank, the bank's foreclosures are put on hold until thinks getting sorted out. Just wondering what other folks think.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2008, 08:28 PM

1,676 posts, read 6,334,056 times
In my opinion it can only help. Since the action by the government to take over fannie mae and freddie mac, we have already seen rates drop by about .50% over the weekend and could get even lower. With lower rates people will be more likely to buy a home they were putting off. In my opinion, lower rates more people buy homes, higher rates less people buy homes. I think that is pretty tough to argue against. I dont think the bailout will make it easier to qualify other then a lower rate gives you a lower debt ratio which might be the difference in qualifying or not. This should also pick up refinance activity which puts a lot of people to work and lowers mortgage payments which gives homeowners more money they can spend to stimulate the economy. So, this action will help some but we still have a lot of homes that need to be foreclosed on.

Old 09-11-2008, 07:56 AM

25,342 posts, read 37,480,980 times
Does any one know if Freddie and Fanny never pay closing cost when it is a bankowned property and the buyers have to pay for it?

Old 09-11-2008, 08:01 AM

1,676 posts, read 6,334,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Does any one know if Freddie and Fanny never pay closing cost when it is a bankowned property and the buyers have to pay for it?
I think you are asking if bankowned properties will do a seller concession to pay the closing costs of the buyer. That is up to the bank, but i have closed 2 loans this month for clients that were bank owned and we got the bank to cover the buyers closing costs. The realtor helped get this done when she placed the offers. This is where when working with an experienced professional pays off. I hope this answered your question.

Old 09-11-2008, 01:49 PM

25,342 posts, read 37,480,980 times
thanks...I was told Freddie and Fanny never pay closing costs but as a cash buyer you can make the offer lower so in a way it cover it...other bankowned are paying closing costs...

Old 09-11-2008, 04:57 PM

69 posts, read 1,048,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
They paid all of our closing costs for the foreclosure we bought in July.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or