U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 08:16 PM

712 posts, read 1,896,913 times

Advertisements

There may be a credit card to automated check send out there somewhere.. you should try googling..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2009, 11:12 PM

506 posts, read 2,007,663 times
Default I agree with OP

I have 3 Mortgages i Wish I could Pay my Mortgages With my Credit card I would get 2 first Class International tickets every year...........If you find out a way please keep me informed..........

Old 01-06-2009, 12:11 AM

6,474 posts, read 13,459,632 times
Hmm just stream of consciousness, because maybe one of us will figure out how to do this...
1. 0% balance tranfer with 0% fee. They all seem to charge fees now, though. If you could get one, you could write a couple of checks to the mortgage company...
2. Cash Advance - dang I just read "most banks have no grace period" for cash advances.
3. Some how get a routing number and account number to use with the bank's automated system. .. How would that work? The CC company would probably count it as a cash advance... so that's out..

Old 01-06-2009, 12:25 AM

48,519 posts, read 81,313,679 times
Its the fact that the agent that accepts payment from a credit card is charged a fee that makes many lenders not accept them.

Old 01-06-2009, 12:31 AM

2,905 posts, read 6,435,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboburnsy View Post
You may want to carefully read your mortgage before you do anything like that. Some mortgage companies explicitly forbid "borrowed payments"
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber_factory View Post
I don't know why you'd want to do this.. or if it work work within the terms of your specific contract.. but it seems to me that you could get your mortgage payment from your credit card, pool it with your existing funds, and then pay out of your existing funds. Therefore you are not "Paying your mortgage with borrowed money."

This is how banks get around these sorts of "problems," right?
you are missing his point that his VISA card is also his DEBIT card, therefor though it is being processed as a "credit" card the money is coming straight out of his checking account.

I think the poster that mentioned the fees hit the nail on the head. I know if I call up a credit card company and try to use my check to pay over the phone, they charge me $15.00.

You would have to consider the yearly amount of the fees, the time it takes to do it this way, what you get out of it (is it any ticket you want or one with all kinds of rules and restrictions?).

I agree it would probably be a wash.

I'd stick with using the Debit Visa as a credit for ALL your other purchases and whatever utilities you can get away with doing this with.

Old 01-06-2009, 06:47 PM

Default lets think really hard

Im sure after this year we are all really really going to need a vacation. So ask around if anyone knows anyone doing this....very benefical i believe///////good hunting

Old 01-11-2009, 07:20 PM

Default still no ideas

help....

Old 01-11-2009, 08:31 PM

3,720 posts, read 4,454,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweepTheLeg View Post
OK, let me preface this:

I have a VISA debit card that I get rewards points for. However, I have to use it as a credit card, not a debit card. So the money comes out the same way, just if I process it as a credit card, the credit fees come out of the vendor's pocket.

Now... I want to see if there's a way I can use my "credit" card to pay my mortgage. I know the bank wouldn't accept it that way, but is there I way I can use Paypal or some other service to pay my bills, funding it with my credit card and paying out that way?

With the amount of points I can generate, I'm looking at a free flight a year.
Sure, just use the convenience checks they send you.

Old 01-12-2009, 10:08 AM

20,426 posts, read 35,906,757 times
Those convenience checks are a cash advance... interest is higher and accrues upon use.

The OP needs to avoid the interest or the deal is useless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or