U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 12:41 PM

516 posts, read 1,689,079 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantoms View Post
Less than $1000 a month on a 250K house??? Even if you use the whole 100k as a down, I still don't think you'll come in under $1000/month.
Mortgage Calculator -- Bankrate.com

$150,000 over 30 years at 6.5% = $948.10, at 6% = $899.33. Adding tax & insurance, it may be tight, but $1000/month may be possible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2008, 09:16 PM

7,607 posts, read 17,670,540 times
Actually, we have a no ratio loan with 30% down, nothing is put down for the job. But the score would be an issue. 720 minimum. (and I am with a small portfolio bank that can only lend in a few states in the SE US.

Old 09-25-2008, 03:18 AM
rom rom started this thread

15 posts, read 31,677 times
I checked my credit score and to my great surprise I have a score of 772 point .looks the $65k balance I have on my credit cards and the payment track records have improved my credit rating contrary to what I thought.
Ok, I have a good down payment and good credit score to be approved for a mortgage .my question is what if I don't pay down my credit card balances before I apply for a mortgage .will it hinder my approval .thanks in advance for your replies.

Old 09-25-2008, 07:26 AM

1,286 posts, read 2,597,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rom View Post
I checked my credit score and to my great surprise I have a score of 772 point .looks the $65k balance I have on my credit cards and the payment track records have improved my credit rating contrary to what I thought.
Ok, I have a good down payment and good credit score to be approved for a mortgage .my question is what if I don't pay down my credit card balances before I apply for a mortgage .will it hinder my approval .thanks in advance for your replies.

what is your monthly income and monthly expenses?

Old 09-25-2008, 07:57 AM
rom rom started this thread

15 posts, read 31,677 times
I have mentioned earlier since I don't live in US right now,I don't have the necessary income proof ,just around $20k .but in above posts ppl have said I don't need income proof if i put %30 down .
And just to make it clear I will have my own business there so no worries of not being able to pay my expenses.

Old 09-25-2008, 11:39 AM

1,036 posts, read 3,631,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rom View Post
I have mentioned earlier since I don't live in US right now,I don't have the necessary income proof ,just around $20k .but in above posts ppl have said I don't need income proof if i put %30 down .
And just to make it clear I will have my own business there so no worries of not being able to pay my expenses.

Actually, being self employed might add to the problem. It depends on what field you are in and if its location specific. For example a salesperson might make $500,000 a year in NY because they have connections and know the market. If they move to FL now, its unsure if they will be making $1 or $1 million as they need to adjust to the market. Many lenders have a rule about how long your business has to be in an area.

Again it depends on the type of business you have. The only way an underwriter doesn't worry about someone paying their expenses is when someone presents 2 years of stable tax returns and paystubs. Other than that, they will want to know how reasonable the income claimed is and the chances that it will continue.

Old 09-25-2008, 11:50 AM

5,758 posts, read 9,500,994 times
A mortgage isnt a loan against a home, it is a loan against your ability to pay it back. No income = no loan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or