U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-24-2009, 01:12 PM
Status: "The man likes to play chess; let's get him some rocks. Red" (set 6 days ago)

3,973 posts, read 9,413,706 times

Advertisements

I'd appreciate the pros here to help me with this.

I wrote an offer on a property that qualifies for the USDA loan. On the contract, do you write it as an FHA financing? there is no choice for other type of financing... only FHA/VA/conventional...

If FHA... would it be a 203b??? what type of appraisal would be done?

I'm in Texas if that makes a difference

The listing agent is refusing to present the offer to the owners unless I put something in financing section about that.

Thanks,

Naima
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2009, 03:17 PM

331 posts, read 457,650 times
Write it as USDA financing -- if there is not a box or place for it, then write it in. Check with the lender to be sure that USDA funds are available...there is a 2% USDA fee to be rolled into the loan amount...be sure that is noted.

Old 01-24-2009, 03:32 PM
Status: "The man likes to play chess; let's get him some rocks. Red" (set 6 days ago)

No there isn't an option to put in USDA. I did put a note under special provisions to avoid any confusion.

I just heard back from the lender at Prime Lending and she told me to write it as conventional.

Thank you so much for your help.

Naima

Old 04-30-2009, 01:42 AM

1 posts, read 5,284 times
Smile dear TX buyer..........

Is there anywhere that we can find a sample USDA contract? I am looking to save some $$$. This being our first home and now knowing that I qualify for the usda. If I could find a sample contract somewhere I can save some money by not having to hire an agent or lawyer to draft it up. We live in Texas as well. Do you know anything about "goodfaith appraisals" The broker I visited today mentioned it. Thats could save up to $400 just for the apprasial alone. Any info would be great. Thank you.

Old 04-30-2009, 01:50 AM

There isn't a special contract for USDA. It's the same TREC contract you use for any property you buy unless it's an REO.

Why don't you want the help of a professional? From your question above, it seems that you need one especially this being your first home.

Naima

Old 04-30-2009, 08:58 AM

23,990 posts, read 32,322,325 times
YOu are about to make the largest investment of your life and you don't want to spend a few hundred for an attorney? Pound wise and penny foolish.

Remember, it's costs more to hire an attorney to fix problems after they become problems than it does to hire an attorney to make sure problems don't happen to begin with.

Old 06-22-2009, 09:26 AM

5 posts, read 67,101 times
OH yea the loan we are trying to get is USDA>thanks alot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages