Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2009, 12:20 PM

7 posts, read 32,245 times

Advertisements

I am looking to buy a home. My income 2008 is 28,000 . beside I am a single mom, and have a child support about $4,000, is it gonna be my income also? My credit score is 673. I have no credit debt or Installment loan to be payment. I m looking to a home about $140,000 and gonna put $30,000 down. Can I qualify for a loan ? I came to Chase a couple month ago. They didnot . Do I have to get preapproval before house search ? Loan broker is good for my case or The Bank which I Know less closing cost. FHA is Ok for me because I have a couple late payment in 2007 ? Thank you for your guy help ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2009, 03:56 PM

41 posts, read 385,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dungtran1969 View Post
I am looking to buy a home. My income 2008 is 28,000 . beside I am a single mom, and have a child support about $4,000, is it gonna be my income also? My credit score is 673. I have no credit debt or Installment loan to be payment. I m looking to a home about $140,000 and gonna put $30,000 down. Can I qualify for a loan ? I came to Chase a couple month ago. They didnot . Do I have to get preapproval before house search ? Loan broker is good for my case or The Bank which I Know less closing cost. FHA is Ok for me because I have a couple late payment in 2007 ? Thank you for your guy help ?

With 30k down, it seems like you'd qualify for at least $100k without debt as you stated.

Not sure why Chase couldn't help you with a pre-approval if you have a 673. When you say you have no credit, does this mean that you have zero balances on all accounts?

Without seeing your full financial profile, it's hard to give you an accurate consultation.

Old 01-26-2009, 04:07 PM

2,589 posts, read 10,556,354 times
If you have a good strong relationship with your local community bank, that is where I would start. a very nice down payment, with an ok score for someone they have a relationship with should be no problem. Can't speak for the national banks as I always work with community banks!

Old 01-26-2009, 05:27 PM

7 posts, read 32,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sub-Urban Princess View Post
With 30k down, it seems like you'd qualify for at least $100k without debt as you stated.

Not sure why Chase couldn't help you with a pre-approval if you have a 673. When you say you have no credit, does this mean that you have zero balances on all accounts?

Without seeing your full financial profile, it's hard to give you an accurate consultation.
Yes,I have zero balance on credit card.

Old 01-27-2009, 04:53 PM

41 posts, read 385,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dungtran1969 View Post
Yes,I have zero balance on credit card.

That is good news. At least you do have open tradelines...Is that all you have or is there anything else that is open but not used?

FHA is a pretty universal program, some banks do apply their own rules and guidelines though. What was Chase's reason for not approving you?

...and yes, you should get pre-approved before shopping for a home. This way you know EXACTLY what you can afford.

Old 01-29-2009, 02:53 AM

7 posts, read 23,793 times
Thats good dude.... I think you should contact your lawyer It will safe for you.

Old 01-29-2009, 03:06 AM

7 posts, read 23,793 times
I think you should contact your lawyer,he will need safe in your future.

Old 01-31-2009, 03:51 PM

10 posts, read 52,686 times
It will depend on a few more things. RE TAxes on the property, Home Insurance or Maintenance Charges(if it's a condo or coop). FHA would prob give you the best rate right now because of your credit score. Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac have large rate increase for credit scores below 680. But closing costs for FHA will be higher....but you can borrower more to pay for those costs. Try another lender or a mortgage broker(there are honest ones, despite pop opinion). A mortgage broker will try and search other lenders for you if one or two say no. Or they will tell you right away if it will be hard to get a loan for you from any lender. good luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages