U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 08:55 AM

831 posts, read 2,099,364 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humraz View Post
We received the above private message. Our preference is to answer it publicly.

The question is not asked based on the popularity of your promotion but a genuine concern related to IP infringement. If you have any connection to this company can you please make them aware of the risk.

Thank you oneasterisk.

We tried to find an email address and details of the owners but with no success. (Should have asked the technical team.)

Funny I believe your doing the promoting here, because the information is clearly available. Nice try to drum up business for yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2009, 09:11 AM

5 posts, read 6,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmccauley View Post
Funny I believe your doing the promoting here, because the information is clearly available.
Please refer to your private message to us...

Quote:
Are you joking? I got so much flack for posting this site.
Why would we promote here?

Our solicitor has had difficulty locating a valid email address. As the website URL for this company was not functioning, the Blog has no obvious contact details and there appear to be no terms & conditions carrying company details - this was an action of last resort.

No one thought to ask our technical team if we could use a non-functioning domain name to find contact details.

Old 03-19-2009, 09:23 AM

2,491 posts, read 6,001,597 times
Quote:
We tried to find an email address and details of the owners but with no success. (Should have asked the technical team.)
Did you do the whois search? When I did it, I got the name and address of the person who registered the domain, a phone number, fax number and an email address. It's completely free to do it online and the information is public, anyone can look it up at anytime.

Old 03-19-2009, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Please refer to your private message to us...

Why would we promote here?

Our solicitor has had difficulty locating a valid email address. As the website URL for this company was not functioning, the Blog has no obvious contact details and there appear to be no terms & conditions carrying company details - this was an action of last resort.

No one thought to ask our technical team if we could use a non-functioning domain name to find contact details.

I won't give you the satisfaction your looking for by answering your question. Please don't insult my intelligence or anyone elses on here it obvious what your trying to do.

Last edited by dmccauley; 03-19-2009 at 10:08 AM..

Old 03-19-2009, 09:26 AM

1,788 posts, read 4,152,301 times
I learned how to buy a home free and clear of a mortgage too! It's called CASH.

Old 03-19-2009, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneasterisk View Post
Did you do the whois search? When I did it, I got the name and address of the person who registered the domain, a phone number, fax number and an email address. It's completely free to do it online and the information is public, anyone can look it up at anytime.
Thank you very much oneasterisk. We've found the information too and passed it on.

Old 03-19-2009, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneasterisk View Post

This is a great site. Thanks.

Old 03-19-2009, 10:15 AM

Quote:
I never was promoting anything its quite obvious you never read this thread at all. Please don't insult my intelligence or anyone elses on here it obvious what your trying to do.
You are right - we haven't read this thread in its entirety. We just noticed the reference to this company and hoped someone would know how to get hold of an email address and other contact details.

We have this information now. Thank you.

The assumption that you are connected to Marcus Realestate was based on reading the first post.

Rest assured we have no expectations that you or anyone else on this forum would be interested in a promotion for our company. Also please note, we do not sell US real estate.

Old 03-19-2009, 04:28 PM

1,688 posts, read 6,614,115 times
Quote:
From what I was told this would be the first in the US but its huge in the UK and other countries.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EM1956 View Post
I just came back from 3 years in the UK and never heard of this being done there
Folks - as an individual who has owned property in the UK, let me assure you that the entire system is totally different over there and this would never, ever in a gazillion years work due to the very nature of the UK "system" (for wont of a better word). To wit: you cannot complete a property sale in the UK without a lawyer. Now, I suppose we could bet the odds on finding 10,000 shady lawyers perhaps... possibly for $100 a pop.

Quote:

Also please note, we do not sell US real estate.
Which should have been obvious to all by the use of your word "solicitor". I hope you are able to resolve your situation.

I read this thread from beginning to end with varying amounts of interest but mostly sheer incredulity.

Mr. Keegan - my hat off to you, sir. A most patient man. Ditto to many, many others for thoughtful, well thought out posts reeking of common sense, logic and rational thought. to you all. It is, at the end of the day, truly very generous of you all to take the time to write what you did. Many (most?) others would have run out of patience long before 11 pages.

To the OP: you shall do whatever it is you choose to do. So be it. I'm sure many here would be interested to hear the outcome.

Last edited by FiveHorses; 03-19-2009 at 05:19 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or