U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2009, 08:34 AM

1,134 posts, read 2,471,009 times

Advertisements

Oh yeah, speaking of tax burdens... home owners shouldn't get all self-righteous now, considering they've been benefiting from reduced taxes for years merely for the fact they own a home. Why should renters be subsidizing your home?
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2009, 03:21 PM

1,129 posts, read 2,285,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlsAdvc8 View Post
A lot of people who are in trouble now lived within their means... a lot didn't.

Still, the most efficient solution to get the economy returned to growth is that which stabilizes housing prices.
Home prices still have a ways to fall in several areas. What we are seeing now is a natural correction in a big way. It's what needs to take place. You are not going to stabilize home prices when they are still too high. You can throw money at it but you will only be delaying the inevitable. Most of these deadbeats still won't be able to stay in their homes.

People who are still in homes they cannot afford need to be weeded out. They need to rent an apartment, stay with family or friends, and eat their crow for getting in the mess they are in. They deserve nothing and should be punished for playing a big role in f-ing up this country!

The people who always paid their bills on time, lived within their means, and did everything right are the ones who deserve help.

Old 04-07-2009, 03:25 PM

1,129 posts, read 2,285,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlsAdvc8 View Post
Oh yeah, speaking of tax burdens... home owners shouldn't get all self-righteous now, considering they've been benefiting from reduced taxes for years merely for the fact they own a home. Why should renters be subsidizing your home?
Wat? Do you realize when you buy a home you pay property taxes? That offsets any of the reduced taxes you are talking about. If you are lucky you break even. I'm not lucky.. I don't break even.

Old 04-07-2009, 03:49 PM

48,519 posts, read 81,098,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KerryB View Post
Shows what you know. I'm Republican & didnt vote Obama, but think whatever you want to think. I really could care less. But you guys go ahead & turn it into a Dem vs Rep thing because that's all your asinine brains can come up with or ever think about, hence why you automatically thought Im a liberal simply because I dissed Bush & said Obama is still new. You guys are classic.

No, the entire country living beyond IT'S means & also poor leadership/decision making is what got us into this. Sure, you'll always have people buying more than they need in a home, but can any of us truly say we only bought EXACTLY what we needed? I don't think so. If you do, you're lying.

Besides, companies going belly up & laying off thousands, forcing many of those to go into foreclosure because they cant pay their mortgages (you see, because no money = no mortgage payment) isn't "people living beyond their means". I'm so sick of that argument. Its only true to a certain extent but some of you people sound like parrots because you heard some idiot on TV say it so you're just regurgitating it over & over again because you're currently sitting pretty with your jobs intact. There's bigger things at play than just that.

When you get a estimater that on the average people were spending 140% of income before anyhting happened that seems pretty clear. I don't thnik anyone hasn't know people that wre not in financial problems long before this started. The fact that looking at historial requirement for laons such as income to debt ratios say volumes of why many are in deep trouble.That is even without losign their jobs ;just as happened in the 70's and 80's recession.Many then loss their homes but not to the expent that is happening now. This is basically people just having beeen waiting to go under for years before this recession hit.t was like dominoes falling once it started.

Old 04-08-2009, 04:25 AM

58 posts, read 183,224 times
You can tell the truth and do 4 loans on a 100k mortgage and make 1% on the front end and make 4 k or you can lie and do one loan on a 100k mortgage and make 2% on the front end and 2% on the back end. Which one are you and don't you think that your actions are a large part of the consequences of this recession? Keith G.

Old 05-29-2009, 10:09 AM

1,134 posts, read 2,471,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ufcrules1 View Post
Wat? Do you realize when you buy a home you pay property taxes? That offsets any of the reduced taxes you are talking about. If you are lucky you break even. I'm not lucky.. I don't break even.
Similarly, rents go to landlords who pay taxes on the property they are renting. You think that cost isn't accounted for by the landlord when they set the rental rate?

My point isn't that you're better off in a home. My point is that the cost of buying your home is partly subsidized through the mortgage interest deduction... effectively increasing your buying power by the amount of the tax savings. Just as you pay property tax, so do renters through their landlord (figured into the amount the landlord decides to rent the property in order to return a profit). Renters enjoy no such increase in buying power through any sort of deduction however.

Old 05-29-2009, 11:46 AM

48,519 posts, read 81,098,930 times
The plan is at a stand still becasue the truth is no one wants to invest in a goveranmnt plan that can be changed at will by the government. Bascially they were supposed to be foirst stabilsing the banks then workign on the toxic assets. they keep saying that have a plan but never actaully come out with one. GBadically they ned the peole in the private sector because they have neither the funds or the skills in government to do the job but thier actions make priavte sebtor want not to get involved.Frank and others still would admit the they screrwedup not do more oversite on Fannie and aFredddie when other poush to do so;like McCain.

Old 05-29-2009, 07:06 PM

72 posts, read 160,560 times
WOW what a mess of a post!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or