U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 02-23-2009, 02:41 PM
 
Location: Bend Oregon
22 posts, read 51,952 times
Reputation: 25

Advertisements

Hello,

We had listed our house for 1 month. The relationship with the real estate agent went south and we pulled the listing. If I want to stay where I am, how long until I can apply to refinance out existing mortgage?

Thanks
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-23-2009, 05:09 PM
 
Location: Houston, TX
2,373 posts, read 5,237,353 times
Reputation: 6211
If I remember correctly from when we did our refinance in 2007 the banks wanted us to wait about 6 months.

It's been awhile though and I've had a lot to deal with since then with medical issues, so I could be recalling incorrectly.

Your best bet would to be to just call up a mortgage lender and ask their policy. It'll give you an idea.

Good luck
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-23-2009, 05:15 PM
 
Location: Clayton, NC
502 posts, read 1,430,089 times
Reputation: 405
I don't think having your home listed will impact whether or not you can refinance. It all depends on how long you've had the loan. If you've had your mortgage for at least six months you should be ok. Considering you've considered moving, since you did just have it listed, be sure to perform a break even analysis on the cost (i.e how long will it take you to recoup the closing costs). If it take three years to break even and you plan to move in next summer it probably won't be worth it.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-23-2009, 05:19 PM
 
95 posts, read 217,040 times
Reputation: 41
You can refinance any time you want. It's a good time to refi now, but the rates may go lower. So if you can, you may want to hold off a bit.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-23-2009, 05:25 PM
 
Location: central, between Pepe's Tacos and Roberto's
2,086 posts, read 6,096,673 times
Reputation: 952
If you have documentation that the listing was terminated and are not planning on taking any cash out then you should not have any issues. If you are planning on taking cash out then you will be required to wait 90 days.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-22-2009, 01:28 PM
djw
 
Location: Georgia
951 posts, read 2,534,259 times
Reputation: 450
Based on two conversations today with REFI officers, you usually have to wait. Wells Fargo requires six months for a REFI or a HELOC. Americash would do it with only one day off market.
This is with excellent credit, 3-yr old loan, no cash out...wish I'd known sooner!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-22-2009, 01:37 PM
 
Location: Visitation between Wal-Mart & Home Depot
8,309 posts, read 33,322,966 times
Reputation: 7038
Quote:
Originally Posted by djw View Post
Based on two conversations today with REFI officers, you usually have to wait. Wells Fargo requires six months for a REFI or a HELOC. Americash would do it with only one day off market.
This is with excellent credit, 3-yr old loan, no cash out...wish I'd known sooner!
I would advise you to expand your search to include some private mortgage brokers for the refi. Big banks just can't be as competitive and they do not have your interests in mind. A little legwork will probably pay off in this regard.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-22-2009, 04:02 PM
 
4,542 posts, read 11,542,319 times
Reputation: 3063
.....
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-23-2009, 12:04 AM
 
Location: San Jose (Willow Glen)
180 posts, read 626,630 times
Reputation: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by djw View Post
Based on two conversations today with REFI officers, you usually have to wait. Wells Fargo requires six months for a REFI or a HELOC. Americash would do it with only one day off market.
This is with excellent credit, 3-yr old loan, no cash out...wish I'd known sooner!
I broker to Wells Fargo and they don't require us to wait 6 months. 1 day off MLS is fine w/ letter of explanation.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top