Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 12:48 PM

34 posts, read 279,726 times

Advertisements

thank you....lol

Old 03-09-2009, 12:54 PM

470 posts, read 1,841,055 times
i really don't think it matters what we try to convey to mirela at this point. it's apparent she's made up her mind what may be getting in over her head. god bless her for wanting her stake at home ownership at the risk of getting taken advantage of by unscrupulous lenders. mirela, do you and everyone here a huge favor and do go to the library or the book store and get some books on personal finance, homebuying, mortgages, etc. there's a slew of "for dummies" book in publication. i have a few at home and they're written for the common person who gets frazzled just looking at numbers. i just want to make sure that you understand the processes involved in such a huge purchase and why it is important to get your finances in order and why it will benefit you in securing better interest rate.

i don't know where you're getting your financial advice at home, but it's clear its not working. all of us here are trying to help you. and sometimes that means telling someone they may not be ready to get into home ownership. waiting never hurt anyone. it might be the best thing you do.

Old 03-09-2009, 02:21 PM

thanks again...working on getting credit fixed... but still looking around for homes...like i said before finding a home doesn`t happen over-nite...so while we work on fixing our credit we are looking at houses...by the time we get this cleaned up we will find a home...but i don`t think just cuz we have 34000 + in income doesn`t mean that we cannot own a home ...we are paying way more for a 2br apt than what we were quoted the mortgage payment would be...we will see what will work best...so i don`t think we are financially in a bad situation besides the credit score issues...and i don`t think that someone who doesn`t have 20000 to put DOWN shouldn`t be buying a house...because while i may not be willing to put that much down because i may have other stuff i wanna use the money for...so see..i`m just saying some pppl here are misunderstanding me...

Old 03-09-2009, 02:47 PM

3,032 posts, read 8,917,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirela26 View Post
...so see..i`m just saying some pppl here are misunderstanding me...
No we're not. We see exactly what you're saying, and it's the same thing all those people who are now defaulting on their mortgages were saying just before they bought their houses.

Have you learned nothing from what's going on?

Old 03-09-2009, 02:52 PM

95 posts, read 244,860 times
Quote:
thanks again...working on getting credit fixed... but still looking around for homes...like i said before finding a home doesn`t happen over-nite...so while we work on fixing our credit we are looking at houses...by the time we get this cleaned up we will find a home...but i don`t think just cuz we have 34000 + in income doesn`t mean that we cannot own a home ...we are paying way more for a 2br apt than what we were quoted the mortgage payment would be...we will see what will work best...so i don`t think we are financially in a bad situation besides the credit score issues...and i don`t think that someone who doesn`t have 20000 to put DOWN shouldn`t be buying a house...because while i may not be willing to put that much down because i may have other stuff i wanna use the money for...so see..i`m just saying some pppl here are misunderstanding me...
It is tough to look and not be able to buy. And I do know how costly renting can be. I rented a 2 bedroom apartment in a suburb of Boston in not too good of a neighborhood for $1250/mo plus about $650/mo in utilities.

It is fun to look and dream though. When the right house comes along, everything will fall into place, it always does.

Old 03-09-2009, 02:58 PM

sswm...thank you very much...lol yah its tough but we`re makin it...and yes by the time we find what we`re lookin for we should be good to go...

Old 03-09-2009, 03:20 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,288,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuSuSushi View Post
No we're not. We see exactly what you're saying, and it's the same thing all those people who are now defaulting on their mortgages were saying just before they bought their houses.

Have you learned nothing from what's going on?

Amazing some people just don't see it. If you can't afford something DON'T buy it, I may want a house but if I'm not in the correct financial position to do so I should not buy it. Something I learned as a young kid a Christmas you don't always get what you want just because you want it.

Old 03-09-2009, 03:34 PM

262 posts, read 1,025,428 times
Quote:
we are paying way more for a 2br apt than what we were quoted the mortgage payment would be...
What is included in that mortgage payment? In addition to the monthly mortgage payment, you're also going to have mortgage insurance premiums, property tax escrows and possibly hazard insurance escrows. That can easiy add a few hundred dollars onto your monthly payment if you're not taking that into account.

Old 03-09-2009, 03:39 PM

packersnut...did u only read sususushi`s reply or something...?? lol
while renting on one salary we manage to save about 1500 a month...so how am i in a bad financial situation...???just because we`re not some executives or what not doesn`t mean that we are in a bad fin.situation...**** i get tired of explaining myself to ppl..."If you can't afford something DON'T buy it" ..i`m in florida...right now down here you can buy a house built 2 years ago for about 120000...thats how much the last one was that we looked at...but i don`t wanna pay a lot per month and i know that going over 80000 will bring a higher mo.payment...so damn i`m not lookin to buy a 1 mil dollar home i`m just lookin into our options with the attitude if we are ever going to buy which everyone dreams of we need to start working on that NOWWWWW...due to the markt being so low...what is so wrong with that...i`m gonna close this thread cuz of idiots like you...and if i cant figure out how to close it please one of you MODERATORS close it for me ...lol i`m getting tired...tired of idiots who are so upset with the economy and who are blaming others for mistakes they have made...

Old 03-09-2009, 03:44 PM

monthly payment did include ins and taxes..of course it was an estimate...but even if its another 200 more we are able to afford it because thats what we pay for rent now and in 5 years have not been late ever...plus were able to save 1500 per month on an average...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages