Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2009, 09:20 PM
HDL HDL started this thread

3,216 posts, read 6,770,556 times

Advertisements

Am I the ONLY one that sees this ???! Banks getting money from the Government allows them to continue operating status quo and therefore it is NOT financially neccessary for them to help out any homeowners having problems making their mortgage payment and they will continue to drag their feet to reduce anyone's interest, late fees, or heaven forbid their 'principle' .

Homeowners now have zero leverage when Banks don't really need their money with the billions they are getting from Geitner/Obama and it is actually better for the Banks financially to take the accounting write-offs for these bad loans then to do work outs with homeowners ! Banks will help very few homeowners over the next several years to modify their loans .

Now I'm not asking whether you agree or disagree with homeowners getting help . What I'm saying is that I believe that the BAILOUTS will have the exact OPPOSITE effect of what we've been led to believe and that many people who are upset with their socalled "irresponsible neighbor" getting assistance don't have to be worried !

How long till everyone sees that I'm WRITE and elects me as PRESIDENT - lol ???!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages