U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2009, 09:05 PM

4 posts, read 26,182 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone, its been a while since I posted, so I ask for your assistance. I'm in the process of retiring from the military. I'm having a house built and have been approved; however, since I'm starting a new job the lender is saying the VA requires me to be on the job for 30 days before we can close. I've contacted the Regional VA Home Loan office and informed them of my situation. VA stated to me the 30 day waiting period can be waived by them if I have a salary position, the new job is like I was trained to do in the military and provided documentation. All of which I meet and have provided. The lender is now saying 15 days on the job will satisfy for closing. I'm really P.O'd and confused. I just want a straight answer. I'm currently dealing with the Loan Processor, is there anyone in a normal Mortgage Office that is higher than the processor? Thanks for any helpl.

Last edited by Bo; 05-14-2009 at 10:25 PM.. Reason: Moved from San Antonio forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2009, 09:20 PM

3,823 posts, read 13,511,825 times
The bottom line is the the VA only provides the loan guaranty. The VA lender has the final say.

Old 05-14-2009, 09:31 PM

4,146 posts, read 9,451,858 times
You've got all different levels of people there, but the processer wants to get the loan done. They're not screwing with you just because they can. In almost every case, you're required to have a job history that they can look at. Regardless of whether it's VA, FHA or conventional.

That's why it's always recommended that you don't switch jobs until after the loan funds. They're not doing it to be a pain. But it IS their policy, so looks like you just have to wait it out a bit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or