Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 07:17 AM

107 posts, read 335,072 times

Advertisements

Are they legitimate company? Has anyone closed with them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2009, 09:13 AM

5,341 posts, read 14,138,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snorkey View Post
Are they legitimate company? Has anyone closed with them?
You are all ready questioning their legitimacy. Why not go straight to a "real" lender (i.e. one you KNOW is legit, and one you could even sit in front of)???

Old 06-14-2009, 02:11 AM

69 posts, read 294,620 times
They are legit, and one of the "main" lenders of a variety of subsidied bank's mtg divisions; see www.mtgprofessor.com and click Fixed mark-up lender and go to Amerisave via there for a guaranteed terms on closing costs

Old 06-15-2009, 12:30 PM

65 posts, read 371,177 times
They are legit., BUT we were very unhappy w/ them, as they (their loan processor worker) made a serious error that was caught just prior to closing and created a problem for us! We did close and they "sold/transferrred" our mortgage to a company that we are happy with! WE WOULD NOT USE THEM AGAIN!

Old 09-11-2009, 11:06 AM

107 posts, read 335,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimtheGuy View Post
You are all ready questioning their legitimacy. Why not go straight to a "real" lender (i.e. one you KNOW is legit, and one you could even sit in front of)???
because you could save bunch of money by going through them. The lender I talked to said $7,000 for closing while Amerisave said $3000 closing and they both said same escrow account, same rate. different fees.

which one would you go with?

Old 09-11-2009, 11:22 AM

6,450 posts, read 9,810,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimtheGuy View Post

Uhm I really think the OP was right and justified coming and asking the questions before getting involved with ANY company nowadays. The "real" lenders don't always have the best rates.

Sitting in front of a loan officer isn't what it used to be. WHy pay more to see someone when you can pay less and do it over the phone/internet usually easier.

Not even sure why you would question someone on here that wants to ask opinions of others before they get involved, I kinda thought that was the point of some of the forums here.

Old 09-11-2009, 11:26 AM

6,884 posts, read 11,240,908 times
Smile Amerisave

I've had buyers come to me from them - google them. Usually, you get a surprise.

BTW, I personally think seeing someone, working with 1 or 2 people during the whole transaction just is easier.

Old 09-11-2009, 11:54 AM

1,921 posts, read 4,774,429 times
If you are not comfortable with sight-unseen lenders, then go with a more traditional lender/broker that you can sit down with.

My first home I did with a traditional local broker. My subsequent ones I used the 'internet' lenders. I was happy with all of them. Just research them all thoroughly before proceeding and at the end read everything that you sign carefully.

Old 09-11-2009, 12:20 PM

2,251 posts, read 4,915,224 times
Do not use Amerisave. They suck you in with good rates on the site that they don't deliver.......

see link ... Amerisave -Will take Your Money

Usually would never write one of these complaints but my experience with Amerisave was so horrible that I feel compelled to. If you are reading this, it is my sincerest hope that what you read here will be enough to convince you to do business elsewhere....

see link ... http://www.merareview.com/comments/977

A whole bunch more complaints ... see link http://www.complaintsboard.com/bycom...ge-a99167.html

Old 09-11-2009, 12:35 PM

1,673 posts, read 7,018,083 times
I wouldnt recommend them. Do as the above posters said, google their name.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages