Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2014, 05:39 PM

2 posts, read 1,963 times

Advertisements

I am in the process of selling my home, I accepted and offer from a buyer that is going under a rural development loan. I'm have never sold a house before so I am kind of clueless on the process. Once the offer was excepted they had an inspector come out, I have not seen this inspection, but we are under the understanding that everything was good, since they decided to move forward, and ordered a well and septic inspection. I was told by both the well and septic inspectors that the systems are in good functioning condition, that they both pass inspection. Well showed no contaminants in the water, good pressure, ect. Same for the septic, good function (they actually pumped the septic not just a dye test.) But the septic inspector pointed out that the well is less than 50 feet from the septic tank, yet the well inspector never mentioned this. So my question is will this completely screw up the sale, because of the Rural development loan.

I been looking online for answers and cant find anything, but I did find this "If distance requirements are clearly not met but there are no indications of water quality issues, a waiver of the distance requirements may be requested from the FHA Resource Center. E-mail requests for waivers should be sent to: hud@custhelp.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages