Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2009, 01:46 PM

1 posts, read 2,157 times

Advertisements

need advice/answers...i have a 1st & 2nd with the same mortgage company. they modified the 1st but not the 2nd. they said the 2nd cant be modified because of the type of loan. at any rate, the 1st is on time and current since the mod but the 2nd is almost 2 yrs past due. i had payment arrangements on the 2nd set up with my mortg company until i rec'd a letter from faslo solutions in oct 2008 stating my loan was given to them and they were collecting the past due amount. i set up a payment arrangment with them and was making payments from nov 2008 until march 2009 when they told me to make my pymts to my mortg company because my loan was sent back to my mortg company. i have been trying since march to get answers on the 2nd. nothing. when i call my mortg comp they transfer me to faslo, when i get someone at faslo they tell me they cant help me, they dont have my loan anymore. i have not rec'd any correspondence from my mortg comp since september 2008 which was my confirmation receipt, my last pymt to the mortgage comp. im starting to get worried that they may try to foreclose or even garnish my wages since the 2nd is so far past due. what can i do...advice PLEASE!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2009, 02:41 PM

1,716 posts, read 2,501,142 times
2 years!!! whew - no idea --> stab in dark = send partial 2nd payment to each and see what happens - if they cash the check - write to you - return check, etc.

Or hire a real estate attorney to help you resolve this, or to be ready when the 'surprise' hits.

GOOD LUCK!!

Old 08-10-2009, 04:49 PM

28,453 posts, read 85,370,617 times
DO NOT send a partial payment! You have to get a status on your loan. Without knowing more details of what sort of servicing and such has gone on it would be dangerous to just assume that either of the companies really involved is on top of things.

You really need to get the details on what is going on and what the lender(s) are doing with your loan and the collection companies. Technically they should probably have foreclosed on you, but the devil is in the details. If you have been the least bit on top of things you should have been aware of the lender(s) were seeking court action. They may still do that...

What do you mean about your last check being sent in Sept. of '08? You just stopped paying? Did you make any attempt to contact the lender and work something out?

Very bad things could happen at any time...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages