U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2010, 12:55 PM

6 posts, read 34,891 times

Advertisements

I have another fha mortgage question. I am self employed, and while my annual income (consistent over many years) qualifies me for an fha mortgage, I take a relatively small bi-weekly paycheck. When my mortgage broker reviews my annual tax returns (07 and 08) they will see my true annual income which qualifies me for a mortgage. But will they also be concerned that my recent paystubs are for a smaller amount that doesn't add up to the reported & documented annual income for previous years? Will they come back and ask me for additional recent income verification? I don't think I can provide any other verification, except to show that our projections are similarly accurate every year.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2010, 01:13 PM

14,129 posts, read 29,810,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubyruby04 View Post
I have another fha mortgage question. I am self employed, and while my annual income (consistent over many years) qualifies me for an fha mortgage, I take a relatively small bi-weekly paycheck. When my mortgage broker reviews my annual tax returns (07 and 08) they will see my true annual income which qualifies me for a mortgage. But will they also be concerned that my recent paystubs are for a smaller amount that doesn't add up to the reported & documented annual income for previous years? Will they come back and ask me for additional recent income verification? I don't think I can provide any other verification, except to show that our projections are similarly accurate every year.
They will probably just have you do a P&L for your business from the time you filed your last tax return to the most recent month. If you can show your average monthly profit is the same as it was before you should be fine. Many self employed folks don't even have paystubs and this is how they demonstrate their income.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages