Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2008, 07:47 AM

3,887 posts, read 5,746,694 times

Advertisements

After spending 8 years in the mortgage industry, I would never deal with Countrywide if at all avoidable, the stories I have heard, and the problems I have helped clients deal with have been nightmares created by them to keep clients from using any other companies but them, while jacking up their rate and fees when clients fall for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2008, 10:04 AM

16 posts, read 24,928 times
Default thousands from accounts and another question

When the rep says, "we can't receive your money in multiple checks and you mention that the company has previously transacted business that way...and they agree to delete previous checks from their system to have "one" check...should you not believe that rep?

How about this one...you own multiple pieces of property, you sell one building plus 50 feet. A new survey is drawn, indicating that 240 feet, plus the two adjacent lots should compose a "new" commercial lot to be sold, you pay for title insurance and recording fees, and the agent brings the wrong, "old" survey, to be recorded. You put the piece on the market not knowing things have been done incorrectly...and wonder why the deal with Dollar General falls through...the catch is CHICAGO TITLE refuses to make things right...any suggestions?

Old 08-24-2008, 02:43 PM

410 posts, read 1,675,974 times
There is lots of info on this company on Homeowners for Better Building and the Implode O Meter Website.

Old 08-24-2008, 04:32 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,736,758 times
I bought a short sale and the seller had her mortgage with Countrywide and I know a friend who should be denied for a mortgage was indeed denied by Countrywide....but the sales rep. from KB homes knew some scumbag who could do the deal anyway....my friend was smart enough to walk away from the home and I thought Countrywide denied them for a good reason and that was also the way my friend thought about it and it was in the middle of selling all kinds of ARM's...so IMo that was positive on Countrywides side....but as many people, you can get as many stories.

Old 08-25-2008, 11:08 AM

1,921 posts, read 4,774,429 times
I got a great mortgage from them. For those people who don't read what they sign, maybe they do get taken advantage of. But the loan officer I dealt with was great, answered all questions honestly and in a timely manner. I believe they recently merged with Bank of America, right?

Old 08-25-2008, 01:47 PM

1,036 posts, read 3,969,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonwalkr View Post
I got a great mortgage from them. For those people who don't read what they sign, maybe they do get taken advantage of. But the loan officer I dealt with was great, answered all questions honestly and in a timely manner. I believe they recently merged with Bank of America, right?

They were bought by Bank of America yes, kind of like a "bail out" since they were running out of funds and could not raise capital very well.

You hit it right on that comment, if you have a good loan officer almost any bank will be great. If you have a bad one....

Go to CountryWide, Bank of America or any bank (or any profession actually) and you will find different levels of skill, training, experience and integrity. Some companies have a higher % of bad people than others, which is where a bad reputation develops... but all companies have their share.

As for CW.... Indiana is the latest state to sue them over "deceptive" practices towards consumers. Not sure if Bank of America will be able to profit from them, there are a lot of liabilities that came with that purchase.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages