Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 01:14 PM

5,517 posts, read 2,405,147 times

Advertisements

I have Bof A and their customer service is average in my opinion. Other than that no issues.

So are they giving you grief about buying a house out of state but staying with current employer? How about getting a letter from your employer stating they are allowing you to work from your new home to get your loan approved?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2010, 03:26 PM

556 posts, read 2,087,424 times
Our mortgage is with BOA, and we have been with BOA for our personal checking and savings banking for 15 or years now - as well as a couple of BOA credit cards. No issues with our mortgage or banking and as was mentioned earlier in this thread - all of our accounts are linked in one simple online account, so transferring payments is simple and immediate, which we really like.

I often read the negative comments about BOA - but that hasn't been our experience at all - on any account type - we hope our long standing relationship with them continues status-quo Good luck on your home purchase - I hope if you go with BOA - that your experience is a good one as well - and if so - come back and say as much - too many of us that are satisfied customers of BOA don't speak up, or so it would appear on many threads here.....

Old 03-06-2010, 12:26 PM

75 posts, read 244,751 times
I hear more complaints about them than I do brokers and bankers.
Straight forward loan like this shouldnt be too much drama though.
Expect delays

Old 03-24-2010, 05:10 PM

6 posts, read 12,543 times
Like most banks if you pay on time & never have any problems they are just fine. If you have anything go wrong (say you get upside down on your house or loose your job & go late on payments) they are the worst SOB company I have ever worked with. I would use almost any other lender if I had my choice. Just my FYI.

Old 03-27-2010, 11:39 AM

8,674 posts, read 22,919,247 times
What I can tell you as a former BofA employee:

It's true they compensate their loan officers additional pay for putting up with the miserable process for getting a loan to closing.

I was told more than once that going the extra mile for the customer was not in my job description...do my assignment and pass it along. Period.

I suspect anyone could be happy with BofA until something hits the fan. Then, it's very apparent what each of us is saying.

It just must be one of those things you have to experience first hand.

Old 05-28-2010, 08:34 PM

8,674 posts, read 22,919,247 times
Just be careful..........BofA has a real bad habit of picking up the file 3 days prior to closing to get things into closing. If your file is pristine, you'll probably be fine. If they missed anything the first time out, be prepared for last minute requests.

Old 05-29-2010, 09:14 AM

3,599 posts, read 6,783,818 times
Never had any issues with BOA mortgages. I went directly through them with my first loan in 2005 because they were on a preferred lost of lenders. Quick closing, all the paperwork was straight forward. They gave me final papers to review 2 days before closing. I also have BOA personal and business accounts. So payments made to BOA were done instantly anytime I wanted via online transfer.

I think most people who have complaints about BOA were original Countrywide mortgage paper signers. BOA inherited all of Countywide's loans/problems.

I really don't understand why there are so many complaints about BOA or any of the big lenders. The only people complaining are those begging for loan modifications and through frustration vent their anger at BOA.

If you have your documents all together. Are straight forward (w2, bank statements, schedule c, s Corp etc) almost all lenders should be able to close in less than 45 days. Those who have had problems always have glitches in their docs (yes that includes those with pensions income etc).

So u give BOA two thumbs up. My last one I went through a broker and he went with Provident Funding at the height of the credit crunch in the winter of 2009 when no one was lending. They are the best if you are considered a top notch client. We closed within 28 days. Of course Provident resold my loan o wells Fargo. Haven't had any issues with them either.

So I really don't know all the gripes with any of my lenders.

Old 06-02-2010, 01:38 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,815,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacey1 View Post
As the title says? Does anyone have anything good to say about BofA mortgages. I personally bank with BofA. I have never really had any problems with them.
Just started the process of buying a home, should be pretty much straight forward. New build house, putting 20% down very low income to pay ratio (30yr fixed conv loan). Solid employment history with same employer. Only issue is house is in a different state? but I am staying with my current employer and just moving states.
Open to all and any advice. Thank you
They are great, as long as you always pay them lots of money on time and otherwise never contact them for anything whatsoever.

Old 11-11-2010, 12:12 PM

1 posts, read 1,230 times
I got a mortgage with BOA in May 2008, with no PMI, even tho I put only 10% down. That was the deal THEN. Now i'm trying to refinance with another bank, and my broker pulled up my information and said that Fannie Mae shows my mortgage HAS PMI. NO PMI has ever showed up in any of my payments. I have no idea why Fannie Mae would have me as with PMI. The problem is that is I refinance with another bank, an there is PMI on my current mortgage, there has to be PMI on the next mortgage! This is what my broker is telling me. He said it is possible that Bank of America has somehow included a PMI within the interest rate. Our rate is 6.125 conventional 30 years. Should their be DISCLOSURE of some sort, so we we could look and see if PMI is included in the interest rate. This is driving us up the wall. BOA is good for checking and savings...but mortgages..I wish I had looked around a little more first!!!

Old 11-11-2010, 12:53 PM

1,673 posts, read 7,018,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaBlake View Post
I got a mortgage with BOA in May 2008, with no PMI, even tho I put only 10% down. That was the deal THEN. Now i'm trying to refinance with another bank, and my broker pulled up my information and said that Fannie Mae shows my mortgage HAS PMI. NO PMI has ever showed up in any of my payments. I have no idea why Fannie Mae would have me as with PMI. The problem is that is I refinance with another bank, an there is PMI on my current mortgage, there has to be PMI on the next mortgage! This is what my broker is telling me. He said it is possible that Bank of America has somehow included a PMI within the interest rate. Our rate is 6.125 conventional 30 years. Should their be DISCLOSURE of some sort, so we we could look and see if PMI is included in the interest rate. This is driving us up the wall. BOA is good for checking and savings...but mortgages..I wish I had looked around a little more first!!!
You probably have what is called Lender Paid Mortgage Insurance(LPMI). Basically, instead of paying a seperate fee for PMI, you got a higher interest rate and the lender is paying the PMI for you. That was a good loan especially if your income was higher than 105k. PMI isnt deductible for home owners with high income, so it would make more sense to have a higher rate as all the interest is deductible and not a seperate PMI fee.

Why not split your mortgage into a first and second lien. That way you have no PMI and you can choose not to escrow taxes and insurance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages