Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2010, 10:37 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,204,096 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
In the end it will be overall that wil;ltake the real hit.In this case the biggest hit will occur in Vegas and will last fo rdecades likely. Interesting that banks warned yesterday that the foreclousre rate will be climbing for sometime.
Where does this stuff come from?

There is no significant indication of an up in LV foreclosures. They have been trending down for some months.

Who is the "overall"? In general mortgages are securitized and were sold to people as securiities. Many of these securities had very safe ratings and many holders bought insurance against a default.

The big losers are the securities owners...who may have an action against the ratings firmed who lied about those..or the people who insured the mortgage based securities with no basis for doing so.

None of these would tend to extend some large duty to the owner to pay off the mortgage if it became a problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2010, 04:33 AM

4 posts, read 6,843 times
I am in the process of walking away from mine. We seem to be in a similar boat but I'm pretty nervous about it. First payment I'll miss in my life, bust still think it's worth leaving. I just started a blog to record the whole process so we can all go through the foreclosure process together.

Financial Responsiblity?

Old 04-13-2010, 05:12 AM

190 posts, read 465,829 times
bum deal there

Old 04-23-2010, 10:39 PM

4,246 posts, read 12,026,260 times
The people who run this country bailed out the wrong people. You don't help bad businesses, that's what the market is for. Take out the bad ones.

I feel for the people who bought homes in the boom. People were buying homes, installing a granite counter top and selling it for thousands if not hundreds of thousands more than what they paid. The consumers are to blame but more blame should go to those higher up like banks and appraisers. Realtors didn't help the situation either.

Do what you think you have to do. This isn't a life or death question.

Old 04-24-2010, 11:24 AM

8,674 posts, read 22,919,247 times
Quote:
The people who run this country bailed out the wrong people.
Amen x 3

Old 04-26-2010, 10:50 AM

5,548 posts, read 16,082,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danieloneil01
The people who run this country bailed out the wrong people.
I've been operating on the assumption/knowledge that the people
who got bailed out are the people who are running the country.

Does anyone see any change re.

(1) Bush II ===> Obama?
(2) Republican Congress ===> Democratic Congress?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obrero
Bank has all the risk.
The bank has zero risk.

The OP's loan was sold before he inserted the key in the door of his new condo.

The bank merely collects fees for servicing the loan.

To me, that is the root of the problem. The entity lending the money
has no skin in the game. What's it to them if the buyer is a bad risk?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages