Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Motorcycles, Scooters, ATVs, Boats, Watercrafts, Snowmobiles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2007, 11:56 AM

1,398 posts, read 7,703,722 times

Advertisements

I agree Hoosier...I luv that head to toe leather look....it works with that in your face girly pink paint job...

ok..now..back on topic...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2007, 11:58 AM

2,689 posts, read 6,931,925 times
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/canibeyou/lol.gif (broken link) Thanks!

Old 07-05-2007, 12:16 PM

30 posts, read 111,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown stuntman View Post
New Hampshire and Rhode Island have no helmet laws, and that is the way it should be every where: absolutely none of the state's business regardless of how much "nannying" it chooses to do. The arguments about insurance rates and medical bills isn't a sound legal argument and is a myth anyways thanks to the lying, falsified statistical fear-mongering lobbyists and insurance industry: big bucks on the line as always when it comes to any lobbying issues!
I don't propose anyone should ride without a helmet or a fastened seatbelt, but it is absolutely none of the government's business. You want to be stupid, that's your right.
Have to agree.

Old 04-14-2009, 04:12 PM

1 posts, read 2,948 times
Minnesota should require all motorcyle drivers MUST wear a helmet. This is a simple common sense law. Anyone from 2 monthes old to 112 years old should have one on. Bikers wear helmets here, it really makes no sense at all. People who dont wear a helmet are beyond stupid, and they need intelligent people to help save their neck. Get it together Minnesota. Enough said

Old 04-15-2009, 08:55 AM

1,384 posts, read 2,345,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KART75 View Post
Minnesota should require all motorcyle drivers MUST wear a helmet. This is a simple common sense law. Anyone from 2 monthes old to 112 years old should have one on. Bikers wear helmets here, it really makes no sense at all. People who dont wear a helmet are beyond stupid, and they need intelligent people to help save their neck. Get it together Minnesota. Enough said

I'm all about free choice so I don't care much for the helmet laws. However, I agree completely...it's common sense to always wear a helmet and only an idiot or someone who doesn't give a damn about their life or the lives they affect doesn't wear one all the time. I wear a full face all year round and it's never been too hot to wear one. There are many different models on the market and it should be easy enough to find a comfortable helmet that fits your head.

Old 04-15-2009, 01:15 PM

3,743 posts, read 13,697,007 times
I'm one of those people that doesn't see the need in a helmet law - educate people, but let them make their own Darwinian choices. Personally, I always wear a helmet on my motorcycle, and full face at that, along with leather protection to my toes. I'm too pretty for scars.

Old 04-15-2009, 01:53 PM

11 posts, read 239,749 times
Default No to helmet and seat belt laws

Quote:
Originally Posted by KART75 View Post
This is not about safety, it's about insurance industry profits. If you are old enough to be sent into battle or pay your taxes you should damn well be able to decide if you want to wear a helmet of a seat belt without worrying about the local cop taking another bite from your hard earned paycheck.

Government needs to worry about more managing our tax dollars better and let us decide what is best for our own safety.

What's next, requiring everyboby to wear body armor to cut down on gunshot wounds?

Old 04-15-2009, 02:16 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,175,776 times
While I think it is rank insanity to ride without a helmet, people who want to do so should be able to. The "intelligent" people have no obligation to make them protect themselves. I agree with MI-Patrick that it's about insurance industry profits.

Freedom has its price, if that's freedom. It's at least freedom from common sense, which isn't very common.

Old 04-15-2009, 02:18 PM

8,292 posts, read 26,664,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier View Post
In Minnesota motorcycle drivers are not legally required to wear helmets. I see so many people driving around with the wind blowing in their hair. But the ironic thing is that every bicyclist that I see, young and old, is wearing mandatory bike helmets! Where are the lawmakers on this one? Why do people have to wear bicycle helmets to go maybe 20 mph but you can go 65 mph on a huge motorcycle and not have to wear a helmet. I know every state has different laws...I just think this is so unbalanced and insane.
Minnesota - where my sons both live, and our who family used to live - is the same state that voted Jesse Ventura to be governor, and Al Franken to be Senator.

It stands to reason that there are a LOT of other retarded things going on there.

Old 04-15-2009, 02:23 PM

8,292 posts, read 26,664,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MI-Patrick View Post
This is not about safety, it's about insurance industry profits. If you are old enough to be sent into battle or pay your taxes you should damn well be able to decide if you want to wear a helmet of a seat belt without worrying about the local cop taking another bite from your hard earned paycheck.

Government needs to worry about more managing our tax dollars better and let us decide what is best for our own safety.

What's next, requiring everyboby to wear body armor to cut down on gunshot wounds?
Actually that's not entirely true.

There are lots of Bozos, who have no health insurance, whipping around on motorcycles - and usually without helmets.

So when said Bozo gets into an accident, and by law the hospital cannot deny medical care regardless of a person's ability to pay, who do you suppose picks up the tab for the uninsured cyclist's medical bill? You and I do!

That said, I honestly struggle with the whole helmet law issue. I ALWAYS wear one when I ride, and think it's flagrantly stupid not to. But I'm also FOR individual rights and the right of choice...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Motorcycles, Scooters, ATVs, Boats, Watercrafts, Snowmobiles