U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Motorcycles, Scooters, ATVs, Boats, Watercrafts, Snowmobiles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2012, 07:51 AM

33,807 posts, read 29,265,714 times

Advertisements

I bought this bike because i simply fell in lust with it. it is the ultimate UJM with great original paint with gold pinstriping. I spent about 2 grand getting everything from the front wheel bearing to the rear gears repaired or at least lubricated. It runs like a charm. Reasonably sane riding yields about 40 to 45 mpg.

I would typically drive back roads (30 to 55 mph) in second or third and state roads in third or fourth (45 - 60) and expressways in fifth. Just for grins I opened the throttle in third at about 45 and a startlingly few seconds later was crossing 110 and it still had not reached 5 grand on the tach. The acceleration available was simply astounding. I have no real idea how fast this thing will go. I do know it is faster than my nerve.

So why am I selling? Simple. The beast is too tall and top heavy. I could not hold it upright at uphill stops and then could not pick it up after it fell over. That was annoying and somewhat embarrassing. It is amazing what 40 additional years can do to strength and agility.

So, I have been trying to sell this for about what I put into it. If anyone wants the ultimate UJM please PM me.

Back on topic. If I had a spare 10 grand and the bile was a couple of inches shorter I would buy this 1100 Honda four in a split second. My first ride (early 1970ís) on a really fast bike was on a CB750. I have had other bikes since but I still remember that first ride on a big bike. The corners came up a lot quicker then I was expecting. The Kawasaurus is even quicker.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2012, 05:27 PM

1,700 posts, read 271,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboyslo View Post
Sadly, many CD threads go this way, some quicker than others. I swear, you could start a thread on here called 'I like puppies', and three posts in there'd be name calling, insults, and other behavior more commonly associated with.......... Well, I was gonna say '5 year old', but most 5 year olds I know these days behave better than some of the members that troll this place.

Mike
If you start a thread about a J-A-P bike coming to the USA and start badmouthing a USA brand, what do you expect?

Believe it or not, MANY people like the look of a Harley much better and since it's a USA bike and all....

What I don't like are people who get butthurt because one person doesn't drool all over a ugly bike.

It's JMO...it's not trolling. Relax there Mr. Sushi.

Old 12-06-2012, 06:24 PM

1,229 posts, read 488,362 times
Not a bad looking bike but I would not pay that for a Honda. So you can get what 3500 in a couple of years? I will stick with my Dyna. Its sexy and gets looks going down the road. The rice burner is just another rice burner. Since owning a HD nothing else compares. I wonder if they will sell enough of them to make it worth their while? I doubt it.

Old 12-09-2012, 10:42 PM

2,598 posts, read 5,029,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Victor View Post
If you start a thread about a J-A-P bike coming to the USA and start badmouthing a USA brand, what do you expect?

Believe it or not, MANY people like the look of a Harley much better and since it's a USA bike and all....

What I don't like are people who get butthurt because one person doesn't drool all over a ugly bike.

It's JMO...it's not trolling. Relax there Mr. Sushi.
Mr. Sushi? Don't even get that one.

Anyway, I went to the bike show in Long Beach today and I'd have to say the CB1100 definitely had the most interest in the Honda booth. Every time I walked by, it had a steady crowd around it. Granted, the crowd was mostly the more, uh, 'distinguished' age, but more than one couldn't seem to walk away from it.

Mike

Old 12-09-2012, 11:40 PM

2,918 posts, read 3,184,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboyslo View Post
Mr. Sushi? Don't even get that one.

Anyway, I went to the bike show in Long Beach today and I'd have to say the CB1100 definitely had the most interest in the Honda booth. Every time I walked by, it had a steady crowd around it. Granted, the crowd was mostly the more, uh, 'distinguished' age, but more than one couldn't seem to walk away from it.

Mike

Probably has something to do with the fact many in that generation have now graduated to Harley Davidson's...However, they feel nostalgic and remember how much they fell in love with riding while sitting atop a Honda.

Old 12-31-2012, 08:33 PM

2 posts, read 850 times
Where I live, (Canada), $10000 is a deal, folks. They are introducing it up here for $13200. I think I'll be making the move to this bike sooner or later. I may have to wait out the initial introduction excitement to afford it. I've owned many bikes over the years. The CB750-4 and the 1100F made some of the most positive impressions on me. This one looks like it may be a winner in my books. Honda's quality and reliability have always been very good, which makes for good resale, should a change be necessary some day. Makes the price a bit more acceptable to me. Captkerk

Old 12-31-2012, 08:45 PM

2 posts, read 850 times
Folks, we're all bikers! I am fortunate to have been able to ride 'em all, and appreciate each style for what it was meant to do. This Honda will likely be a very versatile mount which is exactly what many of us need. My Harley is a lovely bike on a long trip. Dual purpose bikes do their thing well in imperfect conditions. Enjoy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Motorcycles, Scooters, ATVs, Boats, Watercrafts, Snowmobiles