Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Motorcycles, Scooters, ATVs, Boats, Watercrafts, Snowmobiles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2013, 12:30 PM

41,478 posts, read 59,660,138 times

Advertisements

That guy with the really tall apehangers looks like a catcher's mitt for the Junebugs. Ouch!

More like flat bars with a bit of sweepback. I have a long torso and short legs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2013, 10:27 PM

3 posts, read 4,855 times
I read the previous post' by people and my guess is that there aren't to many riders out there posting. I have 16" apes and they are incredibly comfortable. I've had drag bars, mini apes, beach bars and buckhorns. None come close to the comfort and ease of apes. If you are trying to muscle the bars to turn, you need to learn to ride properly. Lean,lean and lean. Let the finely tuned bike do the work.
I took the challenging cycle test for my endorsement in AZ on my 2009 Roadking Classic with apes and passed easily the first time.

I've ridden over 25k with apes and long trips in bad conditions. No shoulder fatigue, backache pinched nerves or anything. 95% of the riders that switch to apes never change to lower bars. 17" and higher is the way to roll.

Try it out. I'm certain you will change your mind if you ride

Old 06-13-2013, 07:50 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,917,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand-Dragon View Post
I read the previous post' by people and my guess is that there aren't to many riders out there posting. I have 16" apes and they are incredibly comfortable. I've had drag bars, mini apes, beach bars and buckhorns. None come close to the comfort and ease of apes. If you are trying to muscle the bars to turn, you need to learn to ride properly. Lean,lean and lean. Let the finely tuned bike do the work.
I took the challenging cycle test for my endorsement in AZ on my 2009 Roadking Classic with apes and passed easily the first time.

I've ridden over 25k with apes and long trips in bad conditions. No shoulder fatigue, backache pinched nerves or anything. 95% of the riders that switch to apes never change to lower bars. 17" and higher is the way to roll.

Try it out. I'm certain you will change your mind if you ride
Like to see you hold you and a pillion on contact with a vehicle at a slow speed crash.

My money say the bars will fold, or you will go between them.

I skidded a dead straight line 85.5 feet and have the pics to prove it. Both tires screaming but not stopped and i don't have ABS nor do i want it.

I had time to think about which object i would hit. Object 1 had insurance as i did, Object 2 was a moose, and so far as I know moose don't buy insurance. I chose object 1.

Now all I did was bang up my ft fender, but it's a good thing i wasn't hangin off Apes.

Besides that you look silly showing all that hair in yer pits.. being a x foreign car tech my hands just go to sleep being held over my shoulders.

They don't call'em APE Hangars for nuthin..

Old 06-16-2013, 12:32 PM

222 posts, read 860,914 times
This sled is ridden by a large dude here in Idaho although I don't know know his
exact height and wingspan. His arms are pretty stretched out though!

I've ridden with all sorts of handlebars, including ape hangers, over the years.
It's strictly a YMMV thing as they suit some people just fine. OTOH, I've zero
experience with tall t-bars which are popular with FXR and FXD riders.

Old 06-18-2013, 07:39 PM

811 posts, read 1,383,719 times
If I had ape hangers my hands would be in pins-and-needles torture in about 2 minutes!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Motorcycles, Scooters, ATVs, Boats, Watercrafts, Snowmobiles