Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Motorcycles, Scooters, ATVs, Boats, Watercrafts, Snowmobiles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2013, 08:18 AM

17,543 posts, read 17,478,426 times

Advertisements

On another forum, someone posted a link (can't find it right now) that said the biker wasn't ever a licensed biker nor driver and has had numerous trouble for his riding without a license. they were engaging in illegal and agressive riding and the police had received over 200 calls from other drivers regarding their behavior.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2013, 08:24 AM

1,479 posts, read 2,713,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarageLogic View Post
I would suggest the driver of this SUV invest in a handgun.
Turns out the incident was started by by the driver in the SUV. Just saw some CNN footage this morning and it clearly shows the SUV driver rear ending the rider then trying to leave the scene of the accident. Driver got no more or less than what he deserved.

I would agree though that the motorcyclists should have memorized the license plate number and simply called the police. In this day and age of cell phones and freeway cameras there's no way the driver would have gotten away with it.

Old 10-02-2013, 08:27 AM

2,698 posts, read 12,145,021 times
Asshats got what they deserved, and this is coming from an avid motorcyclist.

Mike

Old 10-02-2013, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottay View Post
Turns out the incident was started by by the driver in the SUV. Just saw some CNN footage this morning and it clearly shows the SUV driver rear ending the rider then trying to leave the scene of the accident. Driver got no more or less than what he deserved.
1. NYPD received over 200 calls about the riders' breaking traffic laws
2. The first rider who was hit by the SUV cut in front of the SUV and braked resulting in a "fender bender" type accident.
3. The other riders surrounded the SUV and began attacking the SUV.
4. The driver of the SUV (a father with his wife and young daughter) feared for his family's life and fled the scene running over riders who had surrounded his SUV.
5. Fleeing the scene of an accident when in fear of your life in such a situation is perfectly legal
6. riding the way they did, riding without a motorcycle license, riding without license plates, riding vehicles not street legal, and attacking the SUV after the initial bump are all illegal.

Old 10-02-2013, 08:55 AM

22,237 posts, read 29,269,623 times
Like I posted in another thread: I would have run them all down like bowling ball pins. They got what they deserved. Too bad only two got run over

Old 10-02-2013, 09:08 AM

1,479 posts, read 2,713,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
The first rider who was hit by the SUV cut in front of the SUV and braked resulting in a "fender bender" type accident.
I watched the video again and it didnt look like the rider braked but simply rolled off a tad. It is possible that the driver was distracted by his wife or the other riders and did not see the biker in front of him roll off thus causing the initial collision. Regardless, the right thing to do would have been to pull over, exchange insurance and drivers license information and wait for the police to arrive. That is what I would have done had I been driving the SUV.

Old 10-02-2013, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottay View Post
I watched the video again and it didnt look like the rider braked but simply rolled off a tad. It is possible that the driver was distracted by his wife or the other riders and did not see the biker in front of him roll off thus causing the initial collision. Regardless, the right thing to do would have been to pull over, exchange insurance and drivers license information and wait for the police to arrive. That is what I would have done had I been driving the SUV.
The SUV driver did stop after the initial bump. That's when the other bikers began attacking the SUV including knitting the tires. That's when the driver fled.

Old 10-02-2013, 09:41 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,766,074 times
The idiot motorcycle riders should all go to jail for disorderly conduct, indangerment of pedestrians, and I believe depending on the child's age in the suv, some states will fine more.

And the simple fact of driving without a license. Good grief. I don't feel motorcycles are safe at all. I witnessed one about a month or two ago. It's rather scary. The cars ran into each other the dude was knocked off and slide across the road. Luckily he did live. The bike was in the middle of the road many more cars had to screetch to a halt not to hit it. Then another who was driving like an idiot on a heavy traveled road and went airborne off of a car. He did die. And it's rather sad. I have family members that ride bikes and friends. I do worry about them but you can't condemn every biker for the morons that ride wrecklessly.

Old 10-02-2013, 10:25 AM

2,341 posts, read 12,007,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jacket View Post
It's not that easy because you're still on a bike exposed. In a cage you are still surrounded by metal and plastic protecting you. You're not very good at turning around my posts. That cage could have easily let them go by before it all started. He probably pissed them off honking at them repeatedly like he owns the road from reading articles about it. I have a wife and sperm dropping in my car and I'm still going to pick a fight a bunch of motorcycle riders. He is an imbecile. The biggest victories are the battles that are never fought at all.
Do you have any idea how many assumptions you are making here?

Did you even watch the video? The idiots on 2 wheels were swarming. They were not just out riding. Virtually everything they were doing is illegal. They were being an aggressive nuisance. They were harassing and hassling other motorists.

The punk he rear-ended cut off the SUV driver, and slammed on the brakes directly in front of him. She INTENTIONALLY CAUSED an "accident."

Keep in mind that I'm a motorcycle rider. But I'm not an idiot. These punks are idiots, who unfortunately just happen to be on motorcycles.

Old 10-02-2013, 10:37 AM

5,994 posts, read 19,991,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jacket View Post
I am laughing at seeing a grown man get spooked like a child. Oh noes! I've never had a group of riders feel compelled to attack me. Even when I'm surrounded by them. They are too busy doing what they do unless you do something stupid to bring attention on to yourself. Hmm....
This folks is without a question, the dimmest bulb here.

Facts: Bikers in a mob drive illegally and one of them brake checks an SUV and pays the price at which point the rest of them start to damage his SUV (with knives and helmets, etc). A huge number of these bikers also have no valid motorcycle license if any sort of driver’s license at all and certainly don't seem to care for the law.

Normal person: This would be a good time to protect my 2 year old daughter and wife from an angry mob of law braking idiots. The only valid option at this time is to get the hell out.

Idiot: I'd be a baby to try to save my family! I should just stand here and get pummeled by 30 law breaking morons.

Even with the power of hindsight, if I knew that my options were to either get out after being brake checked to get mobbed by 30 idiots or to drive away to get mobbed by a fewer number of them with the benefit of paralyzing one of them, I'd certainly go with the second option.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Motorcycles, Scooters, ATVs, Boats, Watercrafts, Snowmobiles