Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Motorcycles, Scooters, ATVs, Boats, Watercrafts, Snowmobiles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2015, 03:37 PM

3,463 posts, read 5,657,461 times

Advertisements

Why no federal helmet law for people with phones and ciggies?

https://rideapart.com/articles/thing...g-a-motorcycle
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2015, 11:20 AM

26 posts, read 25,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last1Out View Post
I also live in Florida, part time now, and I have to disagree. I've found that a helmet that flows proper ventilation (Shoei full face) and a mesh jacket is actually far more comfortable in the Florida heat than T-shirts and dew rags. That Florida sunshine is brutal and with the wind when riding will close to incinerate you. I didn't believe the mesh jacket thing either until I tried it, and what a difference! You live and learn.
I have seen plenty of motorcycle accident's and a helmet would of made no difference, not when you are going 55 mph and then a car slams into you going the same speed, nothing can help you then. You have to have a head like the girl that turned completely around in the Exorcist when you ride a scooter or motorcycle some people are idiots behind the wheel of a car. And I have alo seen young kids on their crotch rockets doing stupid stuff also.

Old 10-09-2015, 05:35 PM

153 posts, read 277,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_M View Post
Because we have far too many "Nanny" laws already? Hell, half the laws on the books aren't enforced to begin with and adding a new one would only turn law abiding citizens into criminals.

I say this from the standpoint of one who's only worn full-face helmets and has only gone without once in 20+ years (went around the block in AZ once to see, holy hll it was uncomfortable). I think those who don't wear helmets and die because of it are no great loss, complete idiots. It's a fantastic idea, but making it law is just as ignorant as opting not to wear one... Just like seatbelt laws. Nanny laws (aka Mommy and Daddy laws, because they are forced treatment of everyone like they are a child who can't decide for themselves) have precisely ZERO positive value.
Couldn't have said it better myself. We don't need these types of laws, and these types of laws drive me insane. People should be able to do what they want so long as it doesn't endanger others. Next thing you know people will be required to wear helmets when they walk down the street, go out to restaurants, etc....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Motorcycles, Scooters, ATVs, Boats, Watercrafts, Snowmobiles