Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Motorcycles, Scooters, ATVs, Boats, Watercrafts, Snowmobiles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 02:32 PM

836 posts, read 3,371,461 times

Advertisements

Alright I see this thread is still going.. Now where does everyone ride too.. Or whats the longest ride you've been on..? BTW love all the pics ppl has posted there are some nice rides out there!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2008, 02:56 PM

3,533 posts, read 12,279,297 times
Cool bikes rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfeyes View Post
Alright I see this thread is still going.. Now where does everyone ride too.. Or whats the longest ride you've been on..? BTW love all the pics ppl has posted there are some nice rides out there!

well , when i lived in new hampshire. i rode all over most of the state and went to all the motorcycle weekends in louden and laconia. now i live in upstate ny and and i've been all over the northern part of the state.

Old 04-30-2008, 03:33 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,763,968 times
What would be comparable in today's Honda line to the 1984-84 V45 Sabre. I almost got this one back in '84.

Old 04-30-2008, 05:50 PM

Cool Bikes Rule

Not sure which one, but just wanted to make a coment about the v45. loved very much but i stepped up to a goldwing aspencade. if you look back a few posts you'll see it.

Old 04-30-2008, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFRRACING View Post
Not sure which one, but just wanted to make a coment about the v45. loved very much but i stepped up to a goldwing aspencade. if you look back a few posts you'll see it.
I saw the shadow Sabre but it didn't do anything for me. Now this might just do it. But it costs 5 times as much as the V45 Sabre LOL

Honda Motorcycles - 2008 ST1300 ABS - Colors, Specifications, Pricing, Accessories, Gallery

Old 05-09-2008, 08:23 PM

3 posts, read 9,207 times
I have. Two 96 Sportys, one 98 Fat Boy and an 82 FXRS that I bought from a guy in Blanket Texas, 20 years ago. You out there, Rick Hildebrand? I joined this forum thinking to find him, but saw your post, so I replied. Hello from a north eastern corner of England, where we ain't scared to ride in the rain. Can't afford to be. It's the only kind of riding we can get sometimes. That, or we go without.
Regards,
J.R.

Old 05-10-2008, 07:21 AM

Talking Motorcycles Rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanTerra View Post
I saw the shadow Sabre but it didn't do anything for me. Now this might just do it. But it costs 5 times as much as the V45 Sabre LOL

Honda Motorcycles - 2008 ST1300 ABS - Colors, Specifications, Pricing, Accessories, Gallery (http://powersports.honda.com/Motorcycles/Touring_Sport_Touring/model.asp?ModelName=ST1300%20ABS&ModelYear=2008&Mo delId=ST1300A8 - broken link)

Hey that's pretty sharp. i had an 85 interceptor 700, very nice bike. that bike looks simalar to my old one except for the bags. very nice though. that's not to bad of a price for that bike. i have never seen that one before.

Old 05-10-2008, 11:54 AM

3 posts, read 15,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfeyes View Post
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]This should be interesting....It is getting closer to spring and I am curious to see how many of you ride. [/FONT]
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]We both ride Motorcycles.. he has a 2005 Deuce Softail and I have a 2007 1200 Custom Sportster, (I have since added a new seat, pipes, pegs, handgrips...hubby has added alot since these pics was taken also). [/FONT]
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]We go down for the Myrtle Beach Harley Davidson Bike Rally every year. Were members of, of course the Hog Club. We have a Toy Hauler, so we do alot of camping at the beach and mountains. We ride as much as possible when the weather warms up.. I don't like to ride in the cold.. burrr.. [/FONT]
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Anyone else ride here in NC? [/FONT]

[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Now...What type of you motorcycle you own? Post your pics.. [/FONT]
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Do you go to Bike Rallies? If so what rally? Do you camp or stay in a Hotel? Are you a member of any Chapters or Clubs?[/FONT] [FONT=Palatino Linotype]If your a woman, do you ride your own bike?[/FONT]

Hubbys bike is the blue one, mine is the burgundy/cream colored one.
Dragonfire
I own and ride a Honda Reflex 250 (yellow) and love it!!! I bought my first bike [first ever!!] in 1999 after my husband died. And I am a female of 70 and live in Minnesota. I work 18hrs a day and love every minute of it!
I used to ride with a group for a couple of years but quit because I have no male partner - noone would talk to me. The ones I saw on the Harleys wouldn't wave at you if their life depended on it. I usually ride alone and will travel only about 50 miles one way just to explore.. Haven't been out this spring yet - waiting for better weather and for the gravel on our streets to be swept off. [very trecherous for me]
Where are you from?

Old 05-10-2008, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFRRACING View Post
Hey that's pretty sharp. i had an 85 interceptor 700, very nice bike. that bike looks simalar to my old one except for the bags. very nice though. that's not to bad of a price for that bike. i have never seen that one before.
Today I stopped by to take a look at it. OMG it's huge - felt like I was on an Aspencade. The smaller Intercepters were closer in size to the Sabre. The ST picture does not do the the candy apple paint job justice. It is beautiful. They had several of these as well as the silver ST from 2007.

Last edited by PanTerra; 05-10-2008 at 02:26 PM..

Old 05-10-2008, 06:40 PM

51 posts, read 223,669 times
I have a '01 Triumph Sprint ST. Great Bike.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Motorcycles, Scooters, ATVs, Boats, Watercrafts, Snowmobiles