Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Motorcycles, Scooters, ATVs, Boats, Watercrafts, Snowmobiles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2017, 10:24 AM

39,868 posts, read 26,498,769 times

Advertisements

Really sad to see this-Vic has some beautiful bikes and offered a nice alternative for an American-made cruiser.

Polaris to discontinue Victory Motorcycles brand | Tech Alabama | waaytv.com

Victory Motorcycles is closing down - Motofire
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2017, 10:27 AM

Location: IN>Germany>ND>OH>TX>CA>Currently NoVa and a Vacation Lake House in PA
3,259 posts, read 4,330,509 times
I would think they could go it on their own or someone would be willing to pick them up. It is a shame if they are discontinued, because I can't stand over priced to over hyped Harleys. On a positive note though, they will be a used bike bargain over the next few years.

Old 01-09-2017, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert20170 View Post
I would think they could go it on their own or someone would be willing to pick them up. It is a shame if they are discontinued, because I can't stand over priced to over hyped Harleys. On a positive note though, they will be a used bike bargain over the next few years.
I agree-I really like the styling of the Vics, plus the performance was a nice jump over HDs. Indian is probably a jump up in terms of technology and performance, but I just don't are for the looks. Too retro for me, not into fender skirts and fringe.

Old 01-09-2017, 11:11 AM

3,040 posts, read 5,000,282 times
I can understand their decision, after all why have two brands of motorcycles that are competing for the same market share, Victory vrs Indian, Polaris own both brands.

Old 01-09-2017, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terryj View Post
I can understand their decision, after all why have two brands of motorcycles that are competing for the same market share, Victory vrs Indian, Polaris own both brands.
True, and I've been saying the same since they brought out Indian. I hope they come out with some different Indian models styled like the Vics, but with the Indian tech and engines (granted, with some different valve covers!). I had not realized how poor Vic sales were though-I see quite a number on the road around here. Outnumbered by HD, but what isn't?

Old 01-09-2017, 11:50 AM

222 posts, read 862,682 times
Polaris says Victory motorcycle sales peaked in 2012 but has steadily declined since. Victory sales represented only 3% of Polaris’ total sales revenue in 2015 with dealers on average only selling about 20 motorcycles a year. The brand has only drawn a profit in two of the last five years. Victory’s decline mirrored the rise of Indian Motorcycle which Polaris purchased in 2011. While Victory sales dropped, Indian’s sales have grown. Polaris sees greater growth potential in Indian, resulting in the decision to focus the company’s resources on a single motorcycle brand. Polaris says it will dedicate more money into research and development on Indian as well as its Slingshot brand.

Old 01-09-2017, 02:30 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,496,023 times
Well maybe they'll ditch the overhead cam in the Vegas 8 ball for the pushrod indian
That would be cool. Just slap some indian badges on and swap power plants.

Aside from the bulky feel of the victory, I never cared for overhead cam. Call me old fashioned, I prefer pushrod engines all day long over the overhead cam set up.

Old 01-09-2017, 02:37 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,496,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert20170 View Post
Ain't that the truth!

I get a chuckle out of the HOG fanboys... Even though I own HD they really need more than an image or paint scheme to sell...

Unfortunately the mid life crisis crew has to put pipes on them and putz around sounding like big foot farting in a trash can in low rpm combined with short shifting... Don't forget your leather jackets and chaps with the logo! Can't forget those or the Boots! Then you've become transformed from average joe to big bad biker! Grow a beard, skip the gym let that pot belly grow wear the same size shirt for the inny turned outy belly button to pop out and he shirt to ride up. And You got it. Harley image achieved!

Throw in some PBR and bad life choices you can claim 1% status!

Old 01-10-2017, 05:54 PM

4,857 posts, read 7,608,601 times
The same ol Harley rider bashing post ^ that takes up space and takes up our time trying to read it. It's repetitive and boring.

To the original post.. Victory bikes were never going to catch on. Offering more over priced cruisers wasn't going to get it done. Honda already has that crowd covered with the goldwing.

If someone wants to compete with Harley it'll all have to start with a badass lil sportster killer hot rod.

Old 01-10-2017, 05:56 PM

4,857 posts, read 7,608,601 times
And victory bikes are ugly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Motorcycles, Scooters, ATVs, Boats, Watercrafts, Snowmobiles