Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Motorcycles, Scooters, ATVs, Boats, Watercrafts, Snowmobiles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 08:44 PM

267 posts, read 1,285,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Whips View Post
I went back to the victory dealer and looked around again.I fell in love with the 08 cory ness.They made only 200 bikes of this model.They are number and sign.They want $23,700 for it.I wanted a roadking hd,but now i wanted something more custom looking and made with more american parts.Nothing against overseas bike,but wanted a american bike. I can't get my license until august.That still didn't stop them for trying to sell it to me.I told them i will wait to get my license first and wait till 09 comes in that way i can get a better deal like 2.5% rate on older models and maybe a price drop.The bike is smooth,its loud,but didn't vibrate hard.I told them i was looking at harley before.The dealer didn't put harley down anyway negative.I want worry about resale value.I am buying a bike to ride not trading or selling my bike every few years.If i wanted an investment i will invest in mutual funds not a motorcycle.Back to the bike,i like the way it feel when i sat on it.I love the look of it also.Alot of details to attention on the bike.Their only upgrades that i will do is a 280mm rear tire ,a side mount plate bracket,a chrome oil cooler cover and custom air filter to enhance that custom look.
As of this date this thread has 9,852 views! Okay Mr. Whips, you're the center of attention right about now and you just know everyone's on the edge of their seat wondering which bike you bought, the Road King or the Victory?

BTW, assuming you test rode both bikes, of the two machines, which one in your opinion

handled better?

braked better?

weighed less?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2009, 09:15 PM

782 posts, read 3,780,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotornot View Post
As of this date this thread has 9,852 views! Okay Mr. Whips, you're the center of attention right about now and you just know everyone's on the edge of their seat wondering which bike you bought, the Road King or the Victory?

BTW, assuming you test rode both bikes, of the two machines, which one in your opinion

handled better?

braked better?

weighed less?
Neither..... the Wardon(wife) said no. I didn't want to take either for a spin. I didn't want to get that itch, probably would've gotton a divorce. I like the new Victory Cross Country instead. Radio,mp3 connection, 106 cubic inch.

Old 10-07-2009, 04:06 PM

212 posts, read 697,759 times
Smoking looking vehicle.HUGE !

Old 11-23-2009, 02:46 PM

3 posts, read 129,571 times
I own 2 Harleys well I did. I had a 2005 Ultra and a 2006 street Bob black denim. I jsut traded in my Ultra for a 2010 Victory Cross Country from MOM's in Foxboro, MA. The more I ride the Victory CC the more I like it. It's innovative and powerful. I think it's counter part the HD Street Glide comes with 68 HP and the Victory CC has 92 HP. I think both MC make good bikes but right now the Victory CC is my choice over the HD Street Glide. We'll see what the future brings.

Old 11-23-2009, 03:11 PM

782 posts, read 3,780,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harley)ultra_rver View Post
I own 2 Harleys well I did. I had a 2005 Ultra and a 2006 street Bob black denim. I jsut traded in my Ultra for a 2010 Victory Cross Country from MOM's in Foxboro, MA. The more I ride the Victory CC the more I like it. It's innovative and powerful. I think it's counter part the HD Street Glide comes with 68 HP and the Victory CC has 92 HP. I think both MC make good bikes but right now the Victory CC is my choice over the HD Street Glide. We'll see what the future brings.
Congrats on the new bike. Are you thinking of doing a custom paint like above?

Ok,now since you traded one of your harley for the victory. What's the reaction you get from other bike rider around you? Are you giving them second thoughts?

Old 11-24-2009, 09:56 AM

3 posts, read 129,571 times
Default 2010 Cross Country

It's too early to tell. I did a Toys for TOT's run this weekend and it got lots of looks. I didn't hang around the bike to hear any of the comments. The guys I ride with like it. They ride Harleys and metric.

I had to keep the other Harley I have all this Harley clothing. Only kidding I like the Street Bob it's a different bike. Lots of fun.

Old 12-19-2009, 09:09 AM

1 posts, read 63,069 times
Looked at the Victory Jackpot and must say; they did a very nice job on this one. Real sweet looking machine. I need something with storage though even if the Harley bags are only slightly larger than a gucci purse. The Victory baggers on the other hand are just waaayy too spacey for me. Looks like something you'd see in a "B" sci-fi movie. The performance is very respectable on the Vic and I'm sure the folks who ride em are pleased. As for this old Iron butt, its only HD for me. Sure they're way too expensive and they ain't the fastest things on the road, but Harley riders aren't usually in a hurry because we've already been to the places that the competition is in such a hurry to get to. Best of luck to you all, whatever you ride. The main thing is to ride....

Old 12-19-2009, 01:27 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,096,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easter 1916 View Post
...but Harley riders aren't usually in a hurry because we've already been to the places that the competition is in such a hurry to get to. Best of luck to you all, whatever you ride. The main thing is to ride....
I got a good laugh out of that line! I don't ride a Harley, but it's a good line.

Old 04-23-2011, 06:51 AM

2 posts, read 104,474 times
Just bought a vic and i love it. I woulda bought a harley but i couldnt get the salesmen
To stop talking about himself. Ha ha

Old 04-23-2011, 07:04 AM

2 posts, read 104,474 times
Twice the money and the weight...you might wanna rethink the whole harley pushin thing... Just sayin!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Motorcycles, Scooters, ATVs, Boats, Watercrafts, Snowmobiles