Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Motorcycles, Scooters, ATVs, Boats, Watercrafts, Snowmobiles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2021, 01:16 AM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,858,538 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago-guy View Post
If you actually try it, you'll see there's plenty of space
I've been hit by lane splitters (while stopped) so I would disagree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2021, 10:12 AM

253 posts, read 198,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
I've been hit by cars while stopped. So cars shouldn't be on the road.

Old 06-11-2021, 10:28 AM

1,359 posts, read 1,171,367 times
Quote:
Quote:
I've been hit by cars while stopped. So cars shouldn't be on the road.
My house was hit by a car and it wasn’t on the road!

Old 06-13-2021, 10:33 AM

6,116 posts, read 12,597,482 times
Quote:
Plural? As in multiple times?

Old 06-14-2021, 07:26 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
If you actually try it, you'll see there's plenty of space

Much of it between the ears of those driving the cars you're riding past.

Old 06-14-2021, 08:46 PM

10,306 posts, read 6,837,174 times
Anyone notice the "popularity" of smoking dope during their commute, while lane splitting?

I can see/smell that crap a mile away. It used to rarely happen. Now, it's every 100-150 feet, on the 4-lane freeways.

This must be a "coping mechanism" for the brain-dead (see above) commuters?

Old 06-15-2021, 09:18 AM

238 posts, read 99,368 times
Quote:
I mean. I don't really care what the speed limit rules would be as long as it's legal.

In Chicago, I had a car block me as I was splitting. I forced myself in, kicked his car and he started chasing and yelling at me. I don't even know how he caught up to me in gridlock traffic.
Anywho, I continued to split away.

Is that all he did? Chase and yell at you? There's a lot of people out there that would have done a lot more than that if some biker kicks their vehicle. You've got balls man...

It's bikers like you that don't care that give the rest of us bikers a bad rap. Not sure what I'd do if a guy on a bike kicked my Challenger... has never happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alloo66 View Post
I've lane split in the past while living in SF Bay Area. It should be legal in all states. It would reduce congestion and increase the feasibility of Motorcycling and Scootering as a commute vehicle. If more people ride motorcycles/scooters maybe we can get more motorcycle models in the US. Maybe we could get dedicated parking areas around the city and in garages.
Nah... keep it in California. I've had no problems getting around Florida on my bike without splitting. Big highways and interstates with lots of lanes and everyone already drives fast and over the limit... don't need to throw lane splitting bikes into the mix.

Old 06-20-2021, 10:15 AM

253 posts, read 198,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLcycler View Post
Is that all he did? Chase and yell at you? There's a lot of people out there that would have done a lot more than that if some biker kicks their vehicle. You've got balls man...

It's bikers like you that don't care that give the rest of us bikers a bad rap. Not sure what I'd do if a guy on a bike kicked my Challenger... has never happened.
Gotcha. So blocking me in is completely cool. Defending myself isn't.

One sides bias continues with the splitting.

Old 06-20-2021, 07:17 PM

6,116 posts, read 12,597,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ View Post
Anyone notice the "popularity" of smoking dope during their commute, while lane splitting?

I can see/smell that crap a mile away. It used to rarely happen. Now, it's every 100-150 feet, on the 4-lane freeways.

This must be a "coping mechanism" for the brain-dead (see above) commuters?
Come on man.. its "legal" now!

Watching movies, reading books, drinking. Why do you think motor officers are so effective?

Old 06-21-2021, 09:44 PM

10,306 posts, read 6,837,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1200RT View Post
Come on man.. its "legal" now!

Watching movies, reading books, drinking. Why do you think motor officers are so effective?
Yes, they are that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Motorcycles, Scooters, ATVs, Boats, Watercrafts, Snowmobiles