Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Motorcycles, Scooters, ATVs, Boats, Watercrafts, Snowmobiles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 09:03 PM

268 posts, read 817,188 times

Advertisements

Back in ND I see people riding quads in small towns all the time, no big deal. In California, EVERYTHING is against the law, one way or the other.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2009, 11:23 PM

548 posts, read 2,097,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzlover View Post
T

In my own case, I could actually drive an ATV to work every day rather than an automobile. But, I can't legally do that in Colorado right now. I also have a physical disability that precludes me from riding a two-wheel motorcycle, though I can ride a 4-wheel ATV just fine.
If you have a recognized disability, you might try asking for a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act, then a formal complaint to your state's Commission against Discrimination or human rights agency if denied.

Old 08-08-2010, 09:12 PM

1 posts, read 8,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsprit View Post
Not sure what the issue is here ...

ATV's have been "legalized" in many states under the Fed statutes of just a few years ago. They now require titling, and licensing is available for many machines with proper lighting.

What state are you in that doesn't allow ATV's on the road?

I live in minnesota, and the cops will pull you over any day! In smaller towns on the range sometimes they let you ride to the side on not verry busy streets. But most of the time its not ok in minnesota. I think they are just like motorcycles but with out turn signles, and thats pretty much it.

Old 10-31-2010, 10:39 PM

229 posts, read 691,105 times
Just wondering what an ATV would be like stability wise at high speed (60+ MPH)... and to cruise at like 70 for extended periods, how many cc's would you need?

Old 11-09-2010, 10:39 PM

548 posts, read 2,097,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCMaster View Post
Just wondering what an ATV would be like stability wise at high speed (60+ MPH)... and to cruise at like 70 for extended periods, how many cc's would you need?
Atv's typically have a top speed around 50-55, unless modded with programmers, nitro etc. I don't think the suspensions and tires make them stable at high speeds, again, unless modded. The axles, rear ends etc. aren't likely to last long at highway speeds IMO They're designed for rough terrain, varying speeds, pulling, work.

Old 02-06-2011, 10:20 PM

1 posts, read 7,672 times
There is one registered to the state of FL that I am aware of it is a Yamaha Banshee

Old 02-07-2011, 01:41 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,175,776 times
I can see driving one on side streets, but not on major arteries and certainly not on the highway. They are too short and twitchy, even if they will go fast enough.

Old 02-12-2011, 10:28 PM

3,189 posts, read 4,980,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzlover View Post

In my own case, I could actually drive an ATV to work every day rather than an automobile. But, I can't legally do that in Colorado right now. I also have a physical disability that precludes me from riding a two-wheel motorcycle, though I can ride a 4-wheel ATV just fine.

Then this is your answer for a street legal ride:

New experience in open road riding | BRP Can-Am Spyder Roadster

Made for the road with the stability, control, and ample speed.

Old 02-14-2011, 12:05 AM

6,734 posts, read 4,413,618 times
I ran across this I think would be cool to ride to work. 167 hp to play with.
Attached Thumbnails
Make ATV's street legal!-gg-quadster-quad-3.bmp  

Old 02-15-2011, 12:12 AM

11,798 posts, read 25,175,776 times
I couldn't get the thumbnail to enlarge, but I get the point. It would be a lot more fun to just ride!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Motorcycles, Scooters, ATVs, Boats, Watercrafts, Snowmobiles