Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Motorcycles, Scooters, ATVs, Boats, Watercrafts, Snowmobiles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 04:06 PM

1,816 posts, read 3,382,473 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
I'm not an HD Hater, by any means, but I do agree with you here.

I bought a 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 Classic, brand new, for under $9,000. The comparable Harley would have cost over double.

I realize that I don't have the resale value of a Harley. And I realize that I don't have the image. But the trade-off was worth it to me, because I just want to ride.

I have no regrets.

I'm with you about riding. I just rode 150 miles yesterday and another 100+ today because the weather is nice in Central Maine now. Anything on two wheels is ok with me. I really don't see any difference between brand ownership anyway. Only the rider. And how much of a passion it is to that individual. It sounds to me that you have a passion to ride and not a passion to own. Although yours is 27 years newer than mine.

...fyi, I've owned 6 different beemers's since '01, plus before that a honda, kawasaki, yamaha, and a harley (3-wheeler)...I have no regrets either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2009, 10:53 PM

8,292 posts, read 26,618,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMoore007 View Post
I'm with you about riding. I just rode 150 miles yesterday and another 100+ today because the weather is nice in Central Maine now. Anything on two wheels is ok with me. I really don't see any difference between brand ownership anyway. Only the rider. And how much of a passion it is to that individual. It sounds to me that you have a passion to ride and not a passion to own. Although yours is 27 years newer than mine.

...fyi, I've owned 6 different beemers's since '01, plus before that a honda, kawasaki, yamaha, and a harley (3-wheeler)...I have no regrets either.
Yep. My sons & about 6 of their friends have all bought small early-70s Japanese bikes (for instance, one is a 1974 CB200). The dorks all make a point of donning their ugly glittery helmets with stars, etc., mounting their steeds, and cruising downtown Minneapolis. They know that they're goobers, and they have an absolute blast. Cheap fun.

Life is not to be taken too seriously - particularly if it's going to make you fight about what kind of cycle you're riding.

Old 10-27-2009, 01:35 PM

9,019 posts, read 14,246,248 times
Cheers to that Omaha.

Old 11-06-2009, 07:43 AM

2 posts, read 26,736 times
Good posts Omaha! As long as you ride and I know Kawi has some dependable bikes. I rAN THE 1700 vOYAGER FOR 3 WEEKS THIS SUMMER BUT DID NOT LIKE THE HEAT AND DRIVETRIN NOISE. tHE FELLOW ON THE TRIP WITH ME HAD A 1600 nOMAD I'D TAKE ANY DAY.

I ve owned a few bikes and the only thing I will say about the HD line is, I have yet to see anything as good when it comes to fit, finish. But you pay thru the nose for it...

I'll keep my HD Street Glide but I am looking forward to my first Victory...a X Country.

rIDE SAFE!

Old 11-06-2009, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SALTY01 View Post
Good posts Omaha! As long as you ride and I know Kawi has some dependable bikes. I rAN THE 1700 vOYAGER FOR 3 WEEKS THIS SUMMER BUT DID NOT LIKE THE HEAT AND DRIVETRIN NOISE. tHE FELLOW ON THE TRIP WITH ME HAD A 1600 nOMAD I'D TAKE ANY DAY.

I ve owned a few bikes and the only thing I will say about the HD line is, I have yet to see anything as good when it comes to fit, finish. But you pay thru the nose for it...

I'll keep my HD Street Glide but I am looking forward to my first Victory...a X Country.

rIDE SAFE!
Thanks!

I'm riding safe TODAY! I'm in Omaha. It's November 6th. It's sunny & almost 70. I have rearranged my schedule to have several appointments this afternoon that "just happen" to require some travel. And we both know how many wheels will be on the ground during said travel.

Regarding cycles... I really don't care if ANYBODY likes the cycle I have. I do. And that's all that matters. It's all that should matter to any of us.

Old 11-07-2009, 01:33 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,128,665 times
The above posts are great! I couldn't agree more. It doesn't matter what you ride as long as you enjoy it. I went out yesterday on my 1984 Honda V65 Sabre in nice 77-degree weather and had a blast.

Old 11-07-2009, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
The above posts are great! I couldn't agree more. It doesn't matter what you ride as long as you enjoy it. I went out yesterday on my 1984 Honda V65 Sabre in nice 77-degree weather and had a blast.
Brag Brag Brag. Stinkin' Texan!

Old 11-07-2009, 10:24 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,128,665 times
I wasn't bragging, just telling the truth. It was 70 degrees in Michigan, so it's not just Texas. I'd rather be in New Mexico, actually.

Old 11-07-2009, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
I wasn't bragging, just telling the truth. It was 70 degrees in Michigan, so it's not just Texas. I'd rather be in New Mexico, actually.
Yeah, we actually had 70+ in Omaha today too. Unfortunately, I was too busy with other things to hop on the cycle and go for a spin.

Out of curiosity, why would you rather be in New Mexico?

Old 11-10-2009, 12:32 PM

6,116 posts, read 12,541,864 times
Its weird ... even here in LA, with 70 degree days in the winter, people just don't ride. Granted, it can be chilly at 8am on a Sunday when its 49 degrees in the mountains, but i welcome the winter, when my favorite roads are clear

Ride safe everyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Motorcycles, Scooters, ATVs, Boats, Watercrafts, Snowmobiles