Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2007, 11:53 PM

10,214 posts, read 15,925,047 times

Advertisements

No particular order...10 on my list

1. The Patriot.....the colonial militia marches onto the battlefield as the British cannons fire into the field in the distance....Mel Gibson shouting "hold the line" waving the American flag

2. The Patriot where the townspeople stand up one by one to join the militia

3. Miracle - Herb Brooks' speech before Team USA faces off against the Soviet team

4. Mighty Ducks 2 halftime scene (very deep for a Disney movie)....the American players state their hometowns and the coach talks about how they came from all across America to represent their country

5. Broken Bridges (the Toby Keith movie) - Toby's estranged daughter sings at the funeral for the dead soldiers

6. Behind Enemy Lines - the Navy helicopters rescue Lieutanant Burnett in the dramatic closing sequence with guns and missiles flying everywhere

7. Glory Road - the entire final game

8. 300 - the final speech and battle as the Greeks defeat the Persians

9. Armageddon - when the space shuttles take off to intercept the asteroid

10. Hoosiers - the entire last game
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2007, 03:12 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,626,809 times
"Cyrano de Bergerac" ,speech to the Gascon Regiment before the suicidal battle
"Joyeux Noel" when for a brief amnesty on Christmas Eve 1916 German, French and British troops play football together and allow each other to pick up their deads from the battlefield ( a true story )
The funeral scene in " four weddings and a funeral", stirring, moving and the only bit of the movie I actually enjoyed
"Henry V" with Kenneth Brannagh , the speech before Agincourt ( has to be the best speech ever written, and Shakespeare's masterpiece).
"Braveheart," speech before the battle ( though Mel Gibson's grasp of historical reality is slightly shaky)

Old 06-20-2007, 05:19 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,020,621 times
Witness, when the bad cop has his last stand on the farm, and the little boy rings the bell, bringing all the Amish from all over the countryside to converge upon the scene, helping save the day.

All of the major action scenes in Master and Commander, especially the one where the French commander is identified.
The fellowship, bravery and wry humor is palpable.

Jimmy Stewart in a wheelchair, fending off Raymond Burr with the flashbulb of a camera in Rear Window. Talk about edge of your seat.

When Benedick frolics about the fountain as realizes he is in love in Much Ado About Nothing.

Almost Famous - two words: Tiny Dancer

Moose, that Henry V scene gives me chills. I just saw it again not long ago.

Old 05-15-2009, 06:29 AM

1,560 posts, read 1,263,713 times
The final battle scene in Glory.

Old 05-15-2009, 09:42 AM

3,555 posts, read 7,849,301 times
mooseketeer wrote about the "Band of Brothers" speech;
Quote:
has to be the best speech ever written, and Shakespeare's masterpiece
Possibly the most quoted from for almost all occassions. I've heard that too many drama students try to do it for a reading; bad choice as few, if any of them can do it credit.

There are a lot of great lines from Henry V. There's one that I call "counting up the dead" that is also great, don't remember who said it in the play.

When I read "rousing" I immediately had a different thought and was going to write about the scene on the porch in "Lone Star" when Chris Cooper and Elizabeth Pena are making out.

golfgod
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies