Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2010, 01:48 PM

1,346 posts, read 3,074,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet walker View Post
That's not it

Hint: "mission"
oh! Blues Brothers??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2010, 01:57 PM

4,537 posts, read 9,186,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claud605 View Post
oh! Blues Brothers??
Yea! They were "on a mission from God" Now back to the game...

claud605 wrote:
Quote:
So I was determined to start my own business, and was bartending in the meantime. So then I heard you can make crazy money in Jamaica so I went down there and that's where I met my future wife who came to the bar when her friend passed out on the beach.

Old 09-04-2010, 04:28 PM

1,346 posts, read 3,074,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet walker View Post
Yea! They were "on a mission from God" Now back to the game...

claud605 wrote:
ok, need a hint?

Flanagan's

Old 09-06-2010, 07:51 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,682,985 times
No you didn't. That was Cocktail.

I saved the human race from hostile aliens by uploading a virus to the mother ship's computer.

Old 09-07-2010, 06:32 AM

1,657 posts, read 4,481,994 times
No, you did not. You're thinking about the movie "Independence Day."

I, on the other hand, was living a quiet life as a young man many, many years ago, spending most of my days goofing off with my best friend stealing mushrooms and vegetables from the local farmer, and then these big dark horses with evil ghosts are chasing us, then some more mean spirits are trying to kill us, then we have to race to some river and end up in a small village run by these tall elves.

All because of some piece of jewelry that if you heat it up shows all this glowing poetry etched on it in some foreign language. Obviously, brought here by some immigrant no doubt, cause no one from around here would even bend over to pick up such a piece of useless junk jewelry. Like, you know, you wouldn't want to wear any jewelry with poetry in another language, would you? Try to pick up a chick, and she asks you what the poem is, and you have to give this lame "I don't know..." Just uncool, dude.

Anyway, Yada, Yada, Yada..... Just take my word for it, it is a long, L O N G story. My cousin and me get drafted in some army, see all kinds of strange people in foreign lands, And the worst part is... this is all going on and we only once get a chance to smoke some good home grown weed... Yes, this all happened while we were without any good quality weed to smoke... Dude, You don't know how much we wanted to wake up from this like weed-sleep nightmare, but it wasn't a weed-sleep dream, is was just so... like real. Dude....

But oh, man, now we're back, and got some fresh home grown weed to smoke... Life is good again, I ain't leaving the Shire again!

Old 09-07-2010, 04:39 PM

8,228 posts, read 14,211,900 times
No you didn't, that was Lord of the Rings!

My Dad was such a great guy. I had these goslings that grew up thinking I was their Mother and my Dad taught me to fly so I could teach them to migrate!

Old 09-07-2010, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claud605 View Post
i lost my hand, i lost my bride! Johnny has his hand, johnny has his bride!!!!!
Has this been answered? No you didn't that was Moonstruck. (I think).

Old 09-07-2010, 05:06 PM

16,176 posts, read 32,481,285 times
Hi Everyone!!!!

I have been asked to rename this thread so that it is a more catchy title so that more people come on in and participate in the thread.

If you have any thoughts on this please let me know! I won't have my feelings hurt if you come up with a better title than I do.

Oh, and be sure to DM me with any ideas. I might miss your post(s) so I don't want you to think I am ignoring you.

Thanks and have a great day!!!!

Old 09-07-2010, 05:10 PM

I contacted her, hope that was ok.
Maybe we should come up with some titles the and do a poll vote? Or just keep it simple and go with a representative idea that we all like?

I'm drawing a blank - Movie Triva game: That was....! ?

Old 09-07-2010, 05:17 PM

1,657 posts, read 4,481,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giesela View Post
No you didn't, that was Lord of the Rings!

My Dad was such a great guy. I had these goslings that grew up thinking I was their Mother and my Dad taught me to fly so I could teach them to migrate!
No, you didn't. That was "Fly Away Home"

So, anyway, I was working for this big energy corporation, and some think-tank type had figured out that we could cross over to the other plane of existence and bottle up their screams and bring it back to our side for energy, like making electricity and such. Then some engineer figured out we could cross over by just going through these door. We would come out on the other side from closets, out from under the beds, whatever. Got to be just another job, scaring young kids and collecting all kinds of terror and such, but the gosh the pay was just terrific.

Then that big galoot Sulley, let that young kid from the other side come over here, and all heck breaks out... Some government agency takes over the Management of the company, and I am out of a job for now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies