Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2010, 11:23 PM

57 posts, read 87,344 times

Advertisements

It's a robbery movie. Busey is not the leading row. Vague recollection, during the robbery Busey's character is dressed like a woman. He gets hit hard on the back of the head. Near the end of the movie the main character is at a church, an older couple is in the church but they hurry off at the site of the main character. Busey is paralyzed on one side. The main character knows he's dying, but Busey is acting like there nothing seriously wrong with him. Busey dies.

Any of the above could be incorrect. It's a vague memory. Any guesses? A coworker of mine and I have been thinking on it for a while. And our google searches aren't producing anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2010, 01:53 AM

2,409 posts, read 3,041,435 times
I believe you're thinking of Point Break with Keanu Reeves. Great movie! Really great to see Swayze in such a memorable role.

Old 09-20-2010, 08:06 PM

10,031 posts, read 9,507,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inconversant View Post
It's a robbery movie. Busey is not the leading row. Vague recollection, during the robbery Busey's character is dressed like a woman. He gets hit hard on the back of the head. Near the end of the movie the main character is at a church, an older couple is in the church but they hurry off at the site of the main character. Busey is paralyzed on one side. The main character knows he's dying, but Busey is acting like there nothing seriously wrong with him. Busey dies.

Any of the above could be incorrect. It's a vague memory. Any guesses? A coworker of mine and I have been thinking on it for a while. And our google searches aren't producing anything.
That would sure explain his odd behavior.

Old 09-26-2010, 11:56 PM

66 posts, read 155,103 times
The movie you are describing has a similar plot to Thunderbolt and Lightfoot with Clint Eastwood and Jeff Bridges.

Old 09-27-2010, 12:06 AM

Default Point Break is not the right movie.

In Point Break. Busey was an FBI agent, not a robber. The robbers dressed like Presidents, not one in drag. Busey's character was gunned down in a shootout at an airport, not pistol whipped and paralyzed. I appreciate your effort, but Point Break is not the movie I'm looking for.

It may not have been Busey. I am certain the robbery money was hidden in a church in the middle of nowhere, USA. The church may have been remodeled since they hid the money there. An older couple was in the church until they saw the main characters in the church, then they hurried out. The Busey like actor was pistol whipped and paralyzed on one side and I believe he died very close to the last seen in the movie. It had a Midnight Cowboy feel to it.

I've googled and googled. I just can't find the right combination of info to get a good answer.

Old 09-27-2010, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrazosJaime View Post
The movie you are describing has a similar plot to Thunderbolt and Lightfoot with Clint Eastwood and Jeff Bridges.

DING! DING! DING! We have a WINNER!!! Thanks. It was driving me crazy!!!

Old 09-28-2010, 02:58 PM

9,727 posts, read 9,729,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inconversant View Post
DING! DING! DING! We have a WINNER!!! Thanks. It was driving me crazy!!!

Yep. The final scene of the movie where they are driving away from the church and Bridges dies in the passenger seat. He had been kicked in the head by George Kennedy during the robbery.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies