Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2010, 07:58 PM

4,794 posts, read 12,373,595 times

Advertisements

Ever read a really good story or thought about something interesting in history that would make a great movie but yet Hollywood has never made it?

One I can think of would be a biography of the ancient General, Hannibal, who led an army over the Alps with elephants and attack and almost defeated the Roman Empire. What a great movie that would make!

What about yours? Any ideas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2010, 08:07 AM

37,799 posts, read 41,000,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanhawk View Post
Ever read a really good story or thought about something interesting in history that would make a great movie but yet Hollywood has never made it?

One I can think of would be a biography of the ancient General, Hannibal, who led an army over the Alps with elephants and attack and almost defeated the Roman Empire. What a great movie that would make!

The problem is I haven't seen enough movies to know that there has never been one made about a subject.

Old 09-28-2010, 09:22 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,951,122 times
Quote:

Ha. Its in pre-production right now. Vin Diesel will be starring as Hannibal.

Old 09-28-2010, 06:12 PM

4,794 posts, read 12,373,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Ha. Its in pre-production right now. Vin Diesel will be starring as Hannibal.
LOL, thanks for the heads up!

Old 09-28-2010, 07:35 PM

1 posts, read 1,355 times
Quote:

Hello Kanhawk,

A great warrior and a great cinematic endeavor that would be. I know there have been biographical pieces done within the last 10-15 years by the BBC and I believe PBS on General Hannibal.
If what I heard is true, Vin Diesel directs and stars in "Hannibal the Conquerer" to be released shortly.

If there was a story I would like to see told, or filmed (other than something about our indigenous peoples) it would be about Chesley Sullenberger or "Sully" ~The airline pilot who landed his aircraft in New York's Hudson River after geese flew into the engines.
[URL="http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/01/15/chelsey-sullenberger-us-a_n_158331.html"]CHESLEY B. SULLY SULLENBERGER, US AIRWAYS PILOT, HERO OF PLANE CRASH[/URL]

That's probably in the works anyway.

Last edited by NightDove; 09-28-2010 at 07:37 PM.. Reason: link not hot

Old 09-29-2010, 05:45 PM

3,727 posts, read 6,222,178 times
A historically accurate film about the Corps of Discovery, the soaring saga of the Lewis & Clark expedition of 1804-1806. It should have been done in 2004, the bicentennial anniversary, but was not. The film would requite an R rating if it were to be accurate. There were frequent intimate relations with the Native women, and violent encounters with grizzlies and one with the Blackfeet.

Old 09-29-2010, 07:08 PM

3,804 posts, read 6,170,917 times
CSS Alabama

A story of war and piracy on the high seas.

Old 09-29-2010, 07:26 PM

1,517 posts, read 2,318,848 times
Ricky Wyatt was an incorrigible teen committed to Bryce Hospital in Tuscaloosa, AL...his family sued the state...the mental hospital was a place of extreme abuse up until this lawsuit...to me this would make a great movie. It is a really creepy place especially at night. There is also a graveyard where inmates were buried. It would make a good courtroom drama or a horror movie depending on which way you want to go. I would prefer a drama.

Old 09-29-2010, 07:34 PM

277 posts, read 166,703 times
I have ideas for screenplays a lot but never getting around to writing one. But I'll tell you, don't go telling people your ideas for films because once that's out there, someone will take that idea for themselves & there goes your great idea.
I did think a film pitting Jason Vorhees against Michael Meyers would be a great movie & then I think they actually went & made it. Bummer.

Old 10-07-2010, 02:43 PM

75 posts, read 91,357 times
As a teen in the mid-90s I was crazy about my Beatles' Anthology 1 and waited impatiently for a film about young John and Paul.

Then I bought Backbeat and it was close enough to what I hoped for.

Now fifteen years later, * Wish Granted *

UK have it since last December, North America had to wait until, well, tomorrow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyS2EYJngt0
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies