Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 01:16 AM

84 posts, read 355,312 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
I will start by nominating: John Travolta...This bad actors career was revitalized in the movie Pulp Fiction for doing the Batman Dance. What a Joke.
AAAwwww..come on! Pulp Fiction was an all time classic!!!

My list would be Jennifer Aniston, Jessica Beal, Orlando Bloom and ...hhmm..I really can't think of a name right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2008, 01:17 AM

84 posts, read 355,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
Whoa whoa whoa whoa!! How dare you!! Jolie has lots of class.

Here is a woman who:

Won the worlds first Church World Service Immigration and Refugee Program Humanitarian Award.

She is a Goodwill Ambassador to the United Nations.

She set up the Jolie/Pitt Foundation to earn money for Doctors Without Borders and Global Action for Children.

She has 100% financed the Angelina Jolie conservation project in Cambodia.

In 2005 she accepted the United Nations Global Humanitarian Award.

Jane Goodall, founder of the Jane Goodall Institute and UN Messenger of Peace said "Angelina is living proof of the power we all have to make a difference in this world....I found her personal commitment to be an ispiration".

Of all the actors and acctresses in Hollywood, she has done the most when it comes to humanitarian issues. This is a woman who once declared that "charitable work is the greatest thing in my life" and has dedicated one third of her income to help those around the world who are suffering much more than the poorest of the poor her in our country.

Yes, amen to that!

Old 02-04-2008, 11:06 PM

63 posts, read 430,287 times
Ben Affleck
Hugh Grant
Steven Seagal
Cameron Diaz
Whoopi Goldberg

Old 02-04-2008, 11:49 PM

426 posts, read 1,282,413 times
Default My List

Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt, used to like them both, no more, both jerks.
Angelina, Juliette Lewis and Jennifer. All of Brads women.

Johnny Depp, will catch it on that one. I don't deny that at times he can look real good. I just don't like him, and a lot of the roles he picks. Sorry I hate all the Pirates.

Julia Roberts, why is it that she can do no wrong? Never liked her
Madonna, what is the big deal about her? Please explain?

Will Ferrell
Ben Stiller
Vince Vaughn, not funny at all.
Robin Williams
Bill Murray
John Travolta. I used to like him when I was about 12
Michael J Fox I can't take him seriouslly
Catherine Zeta Jones, sl who metioned, I agree on that one.

I know there are more but can't think of them off the top of my head

Last edited by kathys; 02-04-2008 at 11:56 PM.. Reason: adding more

Old 02-05-2008, 04:04 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,720,063 times
Bruce Willis ... who goes to a Bruce Willis movie to see the acting? Arnold .. same thing. I'm puzzled by Ryan Goslings appeal for some reason. All the movies I've seen him in are the same horky dorky guy character.

Old 02-06-2008, 04:15 PM

1,222 posts, read 5,018,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown stuntman View Post
Melanie Griffith I always found very unconvincing. For the guys, who is that fruit cake who was the main star in "Twister" that was divorcing Helen Hunt in that lame subplot to that movie? He was at least as bad in every role I've seen him play.
I was just thinking about Twister today. Man, that was a horrible movie. Anyone involved with that should have been pummeled.

Old 02-06-2008, 04:30 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,138,340 times
Anybody mention Richard Gere? To steal a line from Dorothy Parker, his acting runs the gamut of emotions from A to B.

I have never seen an actor with more wooden facial expressions, including that horrible rictus he calls a smile. His entire way of showing emotions on camera is by blinking. He blinks slowly. He blinks quickly. Sometimes, when he's really trying to show pathos, he squints.

Old 02-06-2008, 05:04 PM

1,222 posts, read 5,018,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Anybody mention Richard Gere? To steal a line from Dorothy Parker, his acting runs the gamut of emotions from A to B.

I have never seen an actor with more wooden facial expressions, including that horrible rictus he calls a smile. His entire way of showing emotions on camera is by blinking. He blinks slowly. He blinks quickly. Sometimes, when he's really trying to show pathos, he squints.
Haha!! That's great. I can't stand him. Never understood the fascination.

Old 02-06-2008, 11:52 PM

1,949 posts, read 5,261,325 times
Al Pacino - constantly yelling and never looking at the person he is yelling at. George Clooney - plays the same "Clooney" character in every movie.

Old 02-07-2008, 12:13 AM

1,224 posts, read 3,373,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FritzIam4IU View Post
I think the two worst actors that are in quite a few movies are Keeano Reeves and Ben Affleck. I would rather watch the paint dry than watch these two "act". I will also throw in a vote for Paris and Lopez as well.
Act in most of his movies Keeano Reeves does not evan really talk ( think how bad he would be if they actually gave him a bunch of lines) Tom cruise has allways creeped me out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies