Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2010, 06:06 PM

2,186 posts, read 7,940,943 times

Advertisements

We chose to see this yesterday when our first choice, Red was sold out. I really thought the previews made it seem like it would be a fantastic movie and yet I think nearly everyone in the theatre was disappointed by this movie. It just didn't live up to the expectations the previews set. The first half an hour sure set up the film as having something interesting happen yet it never did.

Anyone else saw it? If anyone is on the fence, the critics seem to have this movie reviewed correctly. It was just horrible. A few moments were quite emotional but didn't seem to fit in the movie.

It will probably get some award nominations...but it has been a long time since we have been exiting a movie and had others overhear our conversation about how horrible a movie was and chime in!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2010, 01:41 AM

2,409 posts, read 3,040,157 times
Should have seen The Town. Great movie.

Old 10-25-2010, 06:39 AM

2,186 posts, read 7,940,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCroozer View Post
Should have seen The Town. Great movie.
We saw the Town the first weekend it came out. It was a lot better than I thought it would be.

Maybe I need to rethink my strategy...if the previews suck or aren't too interesting, see the movie. If the previews look really good and you can't wait to see it - wait until it is available on Netflix! I think what made Hereafter so disappointing was that I really wanted to like it and just waited for that moment when the movie would finally tie together and turn into a phenomenal movie. Obviously that moment never came.

Old 10-25-2010, 09:12 AM

1,921 posts, read 2,016,660 times
Hereafter was just soooo slow. Three mildly interesting stories intertwined, which just dragged the whole thing out way too long. Wasn't worth the modest payoff at the end.

Old 10-26-2010, 06:59 PM

9,520 posts, read 16,501,246 times
I saw the film yesterday. I was very disappointed by this film and agree with the other posts. Its a shame one cannot trust movie previews at all. To show that Tsunami in the trailer as if the movie was going to be so exciting was just a big lie. This movie was so slow and what can I say. At times to keep myself interested, I would close my eyes when the film switched to French. I figured if I wasn't able to interpret French to English well enough no great loss, I wouldn't miss anything pertinent to the film. So boring. Damon's character looked sedated thru the entire movie.

I should have really trusted all the reviews from move goers on this one since so many wrote Boring.

This could have been such a good movie. I wonder went wrong with the writing and production of the film to have ended up with such a dud. I would have expected a hell of alot more from Clint Eastwood. Clint your really slipping and came up with a total dud with Hereafter.

Old 10-29-2010, 01:11 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,499,963 times
I agree it was a boring dud. The tsunami part was the only exciting thing about it. The story was unbelievable not because it was talking to the dead but because it seemed most people would go ballistic about talking about it. Anyone who watches TV knows no one gets upset with that subject. No one needs to hide their beliefs about it. ???

Old 10-29-2010, 08:27 PM

9,520 posts, read 16,501,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alley01 View Post
We saw the Town the first weekend it came out. It was a lot better than I thought it would be.

Maybe I need to rethink my strategy...if the previews suck or aren't too interesting, see the movie. If the previews look really good and you can't wait to see it - wait until it is available on Netflix! I think what made Hereafter so disappointing was that I really wanted to like it and just waited for that moment when the movie would finally tie together and turn into a phenomenal movie. Obviously that moment never came.
I thought the same thing with Town and I really liked the movie. I really only went to see it because it was filmed in Boston, and Im originally from the area. I never knew I was going to end up liking the film. Im beginning to think also if previews don't look so good, then maybe the movie will end up being enjoyable.

Old 10-30-2010, 10:00 AM

1,786 posts, read 3,460,213 times
I'm in total agreement with you Alley. I went into Hereafter really looking forward to it and came out of it feeling bored. The opening scenes were the best (what we had all seen in previews). After that, the movie just dragged along. Very disappointing.

I agree with everyone on The Town. Good movie.

Old 10-31-2010, 10:45 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,322,098 times
I didn't see this thread, I just posted the details of my disappointment on another one, but I think this may be one of those artsy type films that u have to be sort of far out or really "enlighten" to appreciate. I think it is a sin to charge money to see it though. I could not recommend seeing this film even if it were free and Clint himself was rolling the film. LOL ...well if Clint were part of the package maybe so

Old 12-21-2010, 02:42 PM

32,084 posts, read 34,672,030 times
This was a terrible movie just like Mystic River. There's no way I would have gone to see this movie had I known it was a Clint Eastwood production.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies