Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 08:13 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,679,772 times

Advertisements

When people shoot bullets at cars and it stops them dead in their tracks or the car blows up
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2011, 09:44 AM

3,184 posts, read 4,847,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skel1977 View Post
When people shoot bullets at cars and it stops them dead in their tracks or the car blows up
Haha or how about ALL explosives in Hollywood create massive fireballs somehow.

Old 04-01-2011, 05:41 PM

3,975 posts, read 7,693,361 times
I also can't stand it when after some movie trailers, people in the audience still laugh and repeat a punch line from the trailer out loud. Or laugh as if they've never heard that particular punchline before.

Old 04-02-2011, 12:56 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,152,185 times
Ha Ha Ha, Everyone had very good points and I agree with the majority of them:

MY pet peaves, and they most likely will be like many already said:

Skinny beautiful women who can take on an army and win. Ex, Skinny little Anelina Jolie jumping all over the place beating everyone up. Please, get real. My little niece would woop her out, and she's four.

Action movies where the guy is taking on like fifteen to twenty guys and wins. Meanwhile they wait their turn to fight him. In real life twenty people are just going to stomp you at once. No waiting in lines.

Stupid unrealistic romantic comedies. Best example, Knocked up. Some fat, curly haired dork who smokes too much pot and has no ambition, yet manages to get the hottest girl in the room and it is the girl who fights to keep the romance going. Please, can we atleast get back to reality. Sick of Hollywoods obsession with geeky guys being fighters, getting all the girls, etc, etc. It's nothing I've ever seen in real life.

Car chases, they are all stupid and boring to me.

Action hero getting shot at all movie and never gets hit. Just not realistic. I'd get hit from a lone golf ball two hundred miles from the driver in a pond, yet these guys have green berets' shooting at them and never get hit.

Happy endings, I am of the opposite of someone who said they love happy endings. I am all for reality. In reality, life doesn't always get wrapped up in a cute red bow. That's why I liked the movie, The break up, at least it was realistic.

Corny lines.

Horror films, they almost all suck today. How is it a robotic slow walking mad man always catches up to the heroin? Or why does the victim always fall? Are you really that uncoordinated?

Big special effects movies. Could care less for special effects and how much someone spends on a movie. Some of the best movies ever are made cheap. Special effects bore me. Inception was traumatizing. It was so awful. That's forty minutes of my life, I'll never get back.

Everyones always a beauty queen. Such is not life. That's why I like some European films, the people look real and not all plastic surgeried up.

Like someone else mentioned. Hollywoods obsession with youth. It's hard to see some of these young divas in the roles their in.

Too many twists in a movie that just don't add up. Like when logic is telling you, wait, but how could, how did, etc. Just doesn't add up..

That's it for now.

Old 04-02-2011, 03:53 PM

8,228 posts, read 14,219,158 times
1) So often I can't make out the words.
(I watch mostly DVD's and movies on TV but I think that should count) My hearing is fine. When actors are 'emoting' they often lower their voices, or mumble, or turn toward who they are talking to. And then you can't make out the words.
This should be fixed by the sound editors but is not. Since they already know whats being said they apparently mentally fill in the blanks when editing and don't realize how hard it is to hear if you don't know what's being said.
And the most irritating thing is how often it happens vs. how much money these movies make and how much money is spent on things like sound editing for such a crappy result.

2) Casting. As in awful casting ruining what could have been a good movie. This happens a lot but is most noticeable with books to movies or movie remakes. I suppose its somewhat subjective but I'm convinced its why a lot of otherwise good movies tank.

3) Incest. As in Hollywood incestuous relationships. Seems like every actor is the son, daughter, cousin mother or father of someone else who is famous. Just saw Jack Nicholson's daughter on Dave Letterman the other night, she's all of 18 and in a feature film. Same with Demi and Bruce's daughter Rumor and on and on....
Lets play a game, what famous actors/actresses now have sons or daughters who also act?
Honestly it makes me wonder - how hard can it be? Or alternately - is acting genetic?

Old 04-02-2011, 04:07 PM

1,788 posts, read 2,482,138 times
Here in America, I'm afraid that acting is more photo-genic than ge-netic. I am convinced that most of the young male stars have six-pack abs.

But I'm so used to it that I don't like Euro movies as well. At least we don't show a mans boner, behind spandex - think "Swimming Pool", in our flicks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies